MTNL Broadband - Doubled Bill? Help?

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

From last two months my MTNL 590U package charges push up just Doubled, prior to this nearly 2 years bill was between 920-1150 but suddenly from last 2 months it's jump to 1900 & 2200 respectively.:huh:

While I'm sure that I didn't doing any vigorous download or upload compare to my last 24 months history & from last 1 years (excluding 5-6 days) I even didn't used it in Night.

So I think there may be something ... ? Can you please help me to POINT OUT where the problem is? Is there any chance of some UNAUTHORIZED person using my account? If yes how to avoid it?:(

check out details of those months and you'll get to know how much you have downloaded or uploaded. Also if your modem stays ON then there is a good chance you will be charged extra.

I have the 849NU plan and last month my bill doubled as well,i used to get around 1400..last motnh i got a 3100 bill and to top it off the site to check usage is down most of the times so i can't check my usage.

Even I am facing problems with MTNL 849NU since july. that was the time they shifted my account to the new ALCATEL servers, username ends with @.

Check your physical bill for details.
They print the additional usage in Left column.
if using night unlimited, their billing software is just as crazy. u need to make sure you have switched ur modem on/off before the cutoff times. (before 12 am and before 8 am) otherwise the usage might be overlapped and counted.
This even happens if u use a bridged mode.
@!$%@#$ shitty billing, but cant help. just follow these rules and we can enjoy MTNL.

Check the Usage Logs first, look for large amount of data transferred. if you weren't using your Connection at that time. then surely someone else is using your Connection. Change the passwords your router and the Internet account.

If everything is normal, then it might be a billing error. so simply walk in to nearest Customer Service Hat.

Emperor said:
So I think there may be something ... ? Can you please help me to POINT OUT where the problem is? Is there any chance of some UNAUTHORIZED person using my account? If yes how to avoid it?:(

No there is no chance tht someone is using your account unless you are using unsecured WiFi. If you are not then nope. Looking at your posts am guessing its prolly Router thinggy which has been pointed out by me earlier and then Shotgun.

If you are using the connection properly as it shud be used i.e. you are switching off router when you are not using the connection and also you restart the router when using your night unlimited plan then the fault is at MTNL's end.

Gaurish said:
Check the Usage Logs first

can't get login as get message "Connection Interrupted" while I can access TE without any problem. :mad:

krisdkiller said:
No there is no chance tht someone is using your account unless you are using unsecured WiFi. If you are not then nope.

Hack It Easy: Free Mtnl Internet hack..
Hacking the Dlink 502T router

If you are using the connection properly as it shud be used i.e. you are switching off router when you are not using the connection and also you restart the router when using your night unlimited plan then the fault is at MTNL's end.

Ruled out ... I shut whole system at 10.30 pm every day since last 1 year & starts it on after 8.30 am next morning only. So no connection between approx. 10.45pm to 8.30 am.

Back