Modem + Router suggestion - Priority on Stability & HD video streaming :)

8~9 MBps average transfer rates with my Linksys WRT600N. EW-7728In, Xtreamer Wi-Fi dongle, Linksys WUSB600N v1 and the EEEPC 1000H onboard N adapter. 40~60 MBps (depending on machines) on the CAT-6 wired gigabit network.

Edit: @anfjavid, I noticed no noticeable performance diff between wired>wifi and wifi>wifi. G speeds fluctuate around the 1MBps mark.

Naga said:
8~9 MBps average transfer rates with my Linksys WRT600N. EW-7728In, Xtreamer Wi-Fi dongle, Linksys WUSB600N v1 and the EEEPC 1000H onboard N adapter. 40~60 MBps (depending on machines) on the CAT-6 wired gigabit network.

Edit: @anfjavid, I noticed no noticeable performance diff between wired>wifi and wifi>wifi. G speeds fluctuate around the 1MBps mark.
^^^

Are you able to stream HD movies ?

mjkn79 said:
^^^

Are you able to stream HD movies ?
I had my HTPC on the edimax, which is the fastest of my adapters. Full HD streaming was fine but I swapped it out for the gigabit LAN as transfers were absolutely pathetic :). For just a media player, N is fast enough.

Naga said:

OIC. Thankx mate...

anfjavid said:
Will there be much difference between a wired connection desktop > laptop and wifi connection desktop > laptop ??
should be same. The bottleneck would be the wifi connection.

If both are wired, you may get about 12MBps(96Mbps). But in Wifi G, theoritical limit is 6.75MBps(54Mbps) and me+guys here have got a max throughput of 3MBps..i.e 1.5MBps data transfer

the OP wants to store media centrally and stream wirelessly
so talking abt plugging in usb drives and disks is not helping

xtreamer streams wirelessly - i do it all the time confirmed. however i am on the wrt54g
so max i stream is micro 720p over the g network

n should make things much smoother - as long as the router suports network shares - xtreamer will detect!

Back