mobo, ram, cpu, case, Maybe PSU mouse max 25 - 30K

achadha7

Disciple
Using the template but the requirements are a lil diff
I need to buy a mother board, processer 4 GB of RAM, a case a PSU if budget allows ( currently have a 700 watt) and a DVD writer budget 25-30,000 max
1.Q: What is your budget?
a.25-30K
2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
a.CPU - amd 2800
b.Motherboard - dunoo have to replace it

c.GPU - ati 1 gb on board ram .. pci slot .... keeping it

d.RAM - dunno will have to replace

e.Monitor - already have
f.SMPS - Corsair XXX
g HDD 500 GB SATA
h hdd 100 GB IDE

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
a.Monitor -
b.SMPS - Corsair
HDD
HDD
4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
a.CPU - Intel
mother board
Case
RAM
DVD Writer
PSU if budget allows

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

May upgrade PSU and Graphics
6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

New Delhi

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
a.No
8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
a.Gaming
b.Browsing
c.Desktop Processing
d.e.Download rig, 24x7 operation
Will connect to the home network and have an 2 external 2 TB drive and will do nightly backups of all network attached devices

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Prefer Intel

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Yes

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?
a.No

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
a.Windows 7 64 / 32 bit

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

here is what I am thinking
CPU : Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.3 GHz, Socket LGA 1155 : Rs 11000 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices
Board : MSI P67A GD55 : Rs 9500 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices
RAM : G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 (2x2 GB) : Rs 2300 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices

CPU Fan : CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus : Rs 1800 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices

Cabinet : CoolerMaster Elite 310 or similar : Rs 1800 to 2500 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices

DVD Writer : Sony 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer : Rs 1050 APPX Please Correct with delhi current prices

which Corsair PSU do u have? Model Number?

and why do u wanna buy a K series CPU along wid a cooler if u r not looking to overclock?

which monitor do have? and at what resolution wud u b gaming?

and do u have speakers, keyboard and mouse?

and when wud u b adding a GPU?

If you have a corsair smps then I think you need not to buy a new psu, and you don't need an aftermarket cpu cooler as sandybridge runs very cool, instead of buying the cpu cooler and new psu get a good gpu like hd6850 @9.5k and for cpu case go for nzxt gamma @2k.

@hades, have the kbd speakers mouse psu, can't recall model but can spend about 3k on it if needed, the cooler was suggested by a friend, if not needed will not buy, the monitor is a samsung which works as a tv aswell. Gaming is not that big a concern but I think it supports 19xx

c.GPU - ati 1 gb on board ram .. pci slot .... keeping it

What is this ?

Let us get this straight you will not over-clock, so why do you need a k-marked processor. Core i5 2400 -- 9.5K

Motherboard don't buy MSI because of this, read Post #39 The Sorcerer -- http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/need-help-buying-processor-motherboard-under-183565-3.html#post1728227

PSU -- minimum buy a Corsair VX 450 -- 3.3K OR FSP Blue Storm 500W -- 3K

RAM -- G.Skill 1600 MHz (2*2GB) kit -- 2.9K Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz 2GBX2

For cabinet forget the crappy Cooler Master eLite series and go for the NZXT Gamma (ask at SMC International OR ship from Bombay) -- 2.2K TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - TheITWares / NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club

Graphics card -- AMD HD 6850 (not aware of pricing) ~ 10K.

I hope this helps bruv.

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/intel-sandy-bridge-all-range-stk-186294.html

you are not planning to overclock right?

then sandy bridge i5 2500 = Rs 10250

Msi P67A-GD55 (B3)-STEPPING (revised version) = Rs 9800

Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz 2GBX2 = Rs 2900

Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz 2GBX2

cabinet - IMO don't waste too much amount for a cabby...just buy one from any local shops for 750 Rs or get cm elite for Rs 1800

cpu fan -- you don't need extra cpu fan ..cause you are not planning to overclock cpu

HP dvd1260 = Rs 1050

psu = corsair vx 450 = Rs 3750

total amount ---- > Rs 29550

achadha7 said:
thanks all

how much if i go for the i7 instead
Minimum price ~ 15K, not really worth it in-fact grab the cheapest Core i5 2400 processor and you'll still feel like you have jumped into a jet.

cabinet - IMO don't waste too much amount for a cabby...just buy one from any local shops for 750 Rs or get cm elite for Rs 1800

cpu fan -- you don't need extra cpu fan ..cause you are not planning to overclock cpu

I don't know why you're recommending a generic cabinet to OP, its really worth buying the eLite series or NZXT Gamma because these cabinets are built better, last longer and yes he can use the same cabinet for his next RIG as well. While a generic cabinet might sound cheap and accommodating in his budget the poor airflow, next to no cable management elements make them a strict no-no in my views.

his budget is 30k ...thats y

...and yea , like I said in my previous post he can buy a elite /gamma . I included elite cabby in my above post ...total amount including elite cabby is Rs 29550

thanks all,
i do not want to go for a generic cabinet
i want something with GREAT airflow and something that looks nice, i took a look at the NZXT series but didnt care for the look that much.
CM looks better IMO

The NZXT Gamma is a much better buy overall compared too the Cooler Master eLite series looks be damned, airflow is better, cable management is better and thus at the entry level I'll say go for the NZXT Gamma blindly here is a comparison, two reviews The NZXT Gamm NZXT Gamma « XSReviews & Cooler Master eLite 430 Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower PC Case Review - The Cooler Master Elite 430 - Legit Reviews

In legitreviews the only case that looked anything like the eLite 430 from the NZXT stable was this -- NZXT Beta Evo Mid Tower Black Steel Computer Case - Conclusion - Legit Reviews.

Hope this helps.

When going for lower end cabinets, it is paramount that you forget your aesthetics for more functional purposes.

A i-ball gamer cabinet can also look cool with LED's and stuff, but NZXT Gamma is probably the only case at the price range which has cable management, provision of 6 fans and let's face it, for 2.3k it's a steal.

another query
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL mother board or
Msi P67A-GD55 (B3)-STEPPING (revised version)

pro's and cons please

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OverlorD said:
When going for lower end cabinets, it is paramount that you forget your aesthetics for more functional purposes.
A i-ball gamer cabinet can also look cool with LED's and stuff, but NZXT Gamma is probably the only case at the price range which has cable management, provision of 6 fans and let's face it, for 2.3k it's a steal.
completely agree with your point but this will be visible so i can spend maybe 2-3k extra for the look and functionality

Back