Mobile Email Configuration

x86

Skilled
:hap2:
i have heard soo many peoples shouting my mobile email is not working blah blah blah but now i think it is not the routers fault but it is the cofiguration mistakes that we did i have tried this configuration on my airtel postpaid in bengal and it works absolutely perfect the client i use is the mobiles build in client and my handset is Nokia 6230i.I am yet to test these on some 3rd party clients but since it works on the inbuild client i am happy!!!
[
General:
Mailbox name: All-in-One
E-mail address: xxx@yahoo.co.in
Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in
Incoming server type: POP3
Incoming server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.in
User name: xxx
Password: ***

Advanced:
Use SMTP authorisation: Yes
SMTP user name: xxx
SMTP password: ***
Outgoing (SMTP) port: 587
Incoming (POP3) port: 110
Retrieve e-mails: 10
Secure login: Yes

POP3 Connection:
Proxies: No
Data bearer: GPRS
Access point: airtelgprs.com
Authentication type: Normal

SMTP Connection:
Proxies: No
Data bearer: GPRS
Access point: airtelgprs.com
Authentication type: Normal

U can see that since no proxyx r needed u can set the default access point setting in both the case so tht no need 2 create another access pointes for each of them and one more thing smtp requires secure login and the login algorithm is the PLAIN one and for pop no secure login is needed.
This works for yahoo but for gmail i dont know its yet to find out it is not working i will find the perfect settings soon ans let yall know but hey yall can do one thing make one .co.in acocunt and make a filter in gmail and forward all the mails to here in .co.in by this way u can see all the mails tht arrives in ur every mail acocunt from one single.co.in account.. cheers!! if it fails to work let me know and i will try my best 2 figure out the problem .. Peace :hap2:
[note : heard nmap does a lot of work when it comes of ports ;) ]

Back