Storage Solutions Maintain CD Files Record

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
I have a huge collection of cd's ( over 500 ) and frankly i am now lost as to which files are on which cd's . i wanted to know ...

is there some way / some software by which i can make a log file / list of all the contents of a cd . the only way i can think of is copy pasting names of the files in a word document but it will be tedious ... any other way :huh:

Try CDTree its a gr8 software
Info:- cdTree Standard 3.1.2

This media cataloging tool lets you catalog and categorize CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, hard disk directories, floppies, ZIP drives, DVDs and audio CDs for offline browsing. It also catalogs ZIP file contents. The tool is able to uniquely recognize if a CD has been scanned before and thus avoid duplication in the data. cdTree is able to auto-detect audio tracks and connect to an Internet CDDB to get album and track information. It also recognizes MP3 files and decodes the MP3 tags within the catalog. It works in two customizable modes. The tool manages additional attributes including optional notes and user-configurable fields for any of the objects in the catalog, whether it is a folder, a drive, a file or a file within a ZIP catalog.

cdTree allows you to work with multiple catalogs consisting of multiple categories per catalog, so you can group your CDs based on their type or location or any other classification. It also enables you to password protect a specific catalog. The tool utilizes drag-and-drop to move CDs and categories around. It also provides a graphical chart to represent the ratios of free space and used space in CDs for space management.

cdTree provides search capabilities, where it can locate any word in any of the fields in the catalog or you can limit your search to the contents of a specific category. The tool will let you launch any file or directory without leaving the application. cdTree can export catalog data to Excel, XML, comma delimited list, single-page HTML and multi-page HTML pages. It also comes with an extensive report generator, where you can produce professionally formatted reports or DVD and CD inlays of your CD collection.

Link:- http://www.tucows.com/preview/333793.html

i would recommend this one and its a free ware

Visual CD Features:

Fast recording, loading and searching
Very small catalog file
Tight integration with Windows Explorer
Ability to save directory structure to Text Document
Ability to export catalog to HTML Document, Microsoft Excel File, Rich Text Format and Text Document
Moving, copying, renaming, and deleting catalog without leaving Visual CD
Support Windows XP Visual Style
Support ZIP, RAR and CAB archive format
Support MP3 ID3v1 and ID3v2 Tag
Advanced Search
Favorites Manager
MP3 Playlist Generator
Advanced Rename
Duplicated Files Finder
File Splitter
NFO Reader
Thumbnail Maker