Looking for a Pristine condition PS2 for collection purpose

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a Pristine condition PS2. Already created a thread for it on TE / IVG. (https://techenclave.com/threads/want-to-buy-a-playstation-2.207031/)
But any leads guys ? So far i have not received a single response. :(

Is it that hard to get hold of? Anybody know any dealer or so for it. I did go to local shop but almost all of them are modded. And what I am looking for is unmodded with sticker intact. Also looking for original game discs for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about buying a PS2 recently and thought of preserving it but I came across that pcsx2 emulator. Ended up setting the emulator up and it works flawlessly and now I don't think I need a PS2 anymore.

I was thinking about buying a PS2 recently and thought of preserving it but I came across that pcsx2 emulator. Ended up setting the emulator up and it works flawlessly and now I don't think I need a PS2 anymore.
I am aware about the PCSX2 emulator and also there is an emulator built into PS4 using CFW. But nothing can beat the feel of the original one. My brother used to go to game parlor for playing in those days and i used to accompany him. And you cannot simply get that nostalgia with an emulator :p

10 years back from now I and all my friends and cousins use to do the same, I am very well aware of that feeling...

Cracked me up, indian jugaad
It's not about jugaad, but that PS2 emulator runs games on 5k resolution and it looks way batter than that native PS2 rendering resolution.

Cracked me up, indian jugaad

It's not about jugaad, but that PS2 emulator runs games on 5k resolution and it looks way batter than that native PS2 rendering resolution.
Different needs mate
OP wanted the hardware for collection whereas your purpose was to play games, anything that works :D

it sure is, but i have used the pcsx2 the ps2 emulator and works great now, previously there were a lot of issues but now its working really well. Any one into playing ps2 games should surely take a look at it if you have some basic gpu and cpu horse power.

Thats precisely my requirement. I need it for collection purpose. Gaming on it is secondary. I already have a PS4 for gaming stuffs. :)
Try on Cex/Webuy olx and all I wont trust much as you could get a beat up system which may be in ventilator (multiple fractures & all, if you know what I mean)

Try on Cex/Webuy olx and all I wont trust much as you could get a beat up system which may be in ventilator (multiple fractures & all, if you know what I mean)
Lol. I know exactly what you mean. That's why i am looking for one which has NOT been modded in any way. Olx is a hot garbage place to buy anything. You need to have a plenty of filters , people are super greedy and will ask for almost the same price of a new one. On top of that most of time there will be some hidden issue which will come to light only after some days. In short i have the least trust on OLX. People are there to dupe others.

Lol. I know exactly what you mean. That's why i am looking for one which has NOT been modded in any way. Olx is a hot garbage place to buy anything. You need to have a plenty of filters , people are super greedy and will ask for almost the same price of a new one. On top of that most of time there will be some hidden issue which will come to light only after some days. In short i have the least trust on OLX. People are there to dupe others.
Thats why i said Cex/Webuy has some chances, finding something that old in too new condition would be equal to finding hair on a bald man's head.
If at all you find it the way you want it, it'll be another collector who wont let it go without a fight.
Addition
If youre situation is like "I want this anyhow"
Head over to Ebay dot com & find someone coming from the states, you'll find what you want minus the mess ;)

Thats why i said Cex/Webuy has some chances, finding something that old in too new condition would be equal to finding hair on a bald man's head.
If at all you find it the way you want it, it'll be another collector who wont let it go without a fight.
Addition
If youre situation is like "I want this anyhow"
Head over to Ebay dot com & find someone coming from the states, you'll find what you want minus the mess ;)

Well ebay dot com is an Option but first let's try our own country. Ebay is the last resort. And i am NOT that desperate for it. Lol.

Same can be imported from Japan too. I will prefer to import it from Japan if i don't find anything good locally.

Now getting original games will be the real difficult thing.

Well ebay dot com is an Option but first let's try our own country. Ebay is the last resort. And i am NOT that desperate for it. Lol.

Same can be imported from Japan too. I will prefer to import it from Japan if i don't find anything good locally.

Now getting original games will be the real difficult thing.
Lol you wanted PS2, i gave it to you, now you want seal packed games.
I'll check if i have Rick Harrison's number in my phonebook :p

Lol you wanted PS2, i gave it to you, now you want seal packed games.
I'll check if i have Rick Harrison's number in my phonebook :p

Na na ... I don't want sealed games. :p:D

I won't be able to afford sealed games. Used games will be fine for me.

I have an old PS2 lying around. Calling it's condition pristine would be a stretch with all the scratches and dust, but it games just fine. Don't know if it was modded, I was very young when dad bought it, although the CDs I used to buy for it cost 30-50 rupees so I'm guessing it probably is

I have a ps2 slim eith box imported from USA (ntsc u/c) modded but hardly used and even modding was done at very late stage and only 5-6 pirated games were played on it rest all original. I only got it modded because I wanted to play Silent hill at that time and could not find original copy.

I am ready to let it go for Rs 6k( shipping extra) for console and the controller and memory card too.
SInce you are not in hurry ...let me tell you it is in my home town and I might not visit for next 2 months or may be if i go early I will contact you incase you are interested.

Just keep you informed and not making any deal with you ...will go and give more details when I reach there. Ofcourse in meantime you can keep searching for a good deal too and I will be open for anyone else interested too.

I have a ps2 slim eith box imported from USA (ntsc u/c) modded but hardly used and even modding was done at very late stage and only 5-6 pirated games were played on it rest all original. I only got it modded because I wanted to play Silent hill at that time and could not find original copy.

I am ready to let it go for Rs 6k( shipping extra) for console and the controller and memory card too.
SInce you are not in hurry ...let me tell you it is in my home town and I might not visit for next 2 months or may be if i go early I will contact you incase you are interested.

Just keep you informed and not making any deal with you ...will go and give more details when I reach there. Ofcourse in meantime you can keep searching for a good deal too and I will be open for anyone else interested too.
I have an old PS2 lying around. Calling it's condition pristine would be a stretch with all the scratches and dust, but it games just fine. Don't know if it was modded, I was very young when dad bought it, although the CDs I used to buy for it cost 30-50 rupees so I'm guessing it probably is
Check IVG too someone was looking for a PS2 there.
Maybe OP & that guy are same, maybe not.

Back