Budget 90k+ Lightweight Powerhouse Laptop Needed (Budget: 1 Lakh)

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
What are the best options available in this price range... I am looking at LG Gram 2023, Samsung Galaxy Book 3 for now. Maybe Lenovo Thinkpad if it serves the requirements below
Not sure about Asus or any other brands. Not looking at gaming laptops as they are heavy

Requirements:
1. Around 1 kg mark
2. 16GB Ram
3. 512 MB or 1 TB SSD Drive
4. Good Battery life ( 5 hours approx if possible)

Asus service quality has gone down a lot. Heard that Lenovo service is much better. Gram is not really a powerhouse as it has to throttle the cpu a lot due to restricted or minimal airflow. Is there a strict budget of 1Lakh max?

HP Pavilion Aero (2023) Ryzen 7 Octa Core
HP Pavilion Aero 13 Review

Asus service quality has gone down a lot. Heard that Lenovo service is much better. Gram is not really a powerhouse as it has to throttle the cpu a lot due to restricted or minimal airflow. Is there a strict budget of 1Lakh max?
I will look into reviews of Gram closely. Yes strict office budget of 1 Lakh or less to purchase a laptop

HP Pavilion Aero (2023) Ryzen 7 Octa Core
HP Pavilion Aero 13 Review
How is HP after sales ? The options look good on paper as per specs

Fujitsu UH-X 13th Gen Intel Evo Core i5 14 inch(35.5cm) FHD Thin & Light Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD)/Windows11/Office/Iris Xe Graphics/Backlit/Fingerprint Reader/Black/868gm - 4ZR1L12857 w/Sleeve https://amzn.eu/d/8RSKIBm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922-120038997_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922-120038997_1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 62
How is Fujitsu in India? Not seen too many recommendations or info on the company support etc?
I am not sure about that Sir. However the brand has been making pretty solid reliable laptops till now. Although i get your point and will agree with you to go with better ones which are well established brands here like the ones you suggested. LG stuff is always good also

How is Fujitsu in India? Not seen too many recommendations or info on the company support etc?
They don't have ample service centers in India. Some available once are also third party so don't go for it currently as you may face issues regarding service.

Please keep in mind the speaker location if you are into media consumption. Bottom firing speaker even in a high end device muffles sound always unless u elevate laptop with a stand.
This Asus one is similar to Ebook and have side mounted speakers.

ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (2023), Intel Core EVO i5-1340P 13th Gen, 14" (35.56 cm) 2.8K 90Hz OLED, Thin & Light Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD/Windows 11/Office 2021/75WHr/Silver/1.5 kg) UP3404VA-KN543WS
https://amzn.eu/d/euCyXIW

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925-102934897 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230925-102934897 (1).jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 57
Please keep in mind the speaker location if you are into media consumption. Bottom firing speaker even in a high end device muffles sound always unless u elevate laptop with a stand.
This Asus one is similar to Ebook and have side mounted speakers.

ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip OLED (2023), Intel Core EVO i5-1340P 13th Gen, 14" (35.56 cm) 2.8K 90Hz OLED, Thin & Light Laptop (16GB/512GB SSD/Windows 11/Office 2021/75WHr/Silver/1.5 kg) UP3404VA-KN543WS
https://amzn.eu/d/euCyXIW
Thanks, a bit heavy for my liking. 1 or 1.2 max is fine
Apple Mac Air M1 13" - 1 Lakh, 1.29kg
Asus ROG Flow Z13 (2022) - 1 Lakh, 1.2kg - My Recommendation even though processor is last gen, & since X13 is out of stock.
Dell Inspiron 5330 - 1 Lakh, 1.24kg
ROG Flow is tempting for the gaming potential.

What screen size ? I assume 14 inch.

I like the macbook choice mentioned above. If it is not compulsory to buy windows lap from office, buy this one. I use macbook for work and it is just amazing compared to windows.

About HP Pavilion : My dad was using one for 3 years, it was good for that time period. I felt it was a very average laptop which does office work well. It looks mediocre also.
After 3 yrs he got some keyboard issue (keys being pressed without clicking), so he bought a new one. So I can not tell you anything about HP service.

He is using this now and is happy : https://bahrain.sharafdg.com/produc...ic-keyboard-middle-east-version/?promo=276390
I think it's one of the best ones under 1 lakh, if you want a dedicated GPU.

Dell inspiron 5330 is also good choice mentioned above.
Fujitsu is good but service in india is a question mark, so no need to take that risk for office lap.
Dell XPS lineup, i consider to be the most premium in this segment but it is above budget.
LG Gram is the second most premium one i think in this budget and segment, if you can get that under 1 lakh, go for that. (99k for 14 inch and 1.25 for 16 inch i saw on amazon). It looks very premium, so that is a plus.
Samsung galaxy book 3 seemed bad to me from one review, the display is meh. Book 3 ultra is great but it's over budget.

What screen size ? I assume 14 inch.

I like the macbook choice mentioned above. If it is not compulsory to buy windows lap from office, buy this one. I use macbook for work and it is just amazing compared to windows.

About HP Pavilion : My dad was using one for 3 years, it was good for that time period. I felt it was a very average laptop which does office work well. It looks mediocre also.
After 3 yrs he got some keyboard issue (keys being pressed without clicking), so he bought a new one. So I can not tell you anything about HP service.

He is using this now and is happy : https://bahrain.sharafdg.com/produc...ic-keyboard-middle-east-version/?promo=276390
I think it's one of the best ones under 1 lakh, if you want a dedicated GPU.

Dell inspiron 5330 is also good choice mentioned above.
Fujitsu is good but service in india is a question mark, so no need to take that risk for office lap.
Dell XPS lineup, i consider to be the most premium in this segment but it is above budget.
LG Gram is the second most premium one i think in this budget and segment, if you can get that under 1 lakh, go for that. (99k for 14 inch and 1.25 for 16 inch i saw on amazon). It looks very premium, so that is a plus.
Samsung galaxy book 3 seemed bad to me from one review, the display is meh. Book 3 ultra is great but it's over budget.

I was considering macbook as I have used them for work before but I think it will be better when I move to mac ecosystem with phone, laptop, tablet etc. Right now, on android for a long time.
I looked at Dell Inspiron but those are 1.5 Kgs. Lets see anything lighter in dell series.
LG gram I was considering but too many reviews of CPU throttling. Checks all boxes though.
Galaxy book has the worst reviews online surprisingly. not considering

Another option:

LG and Samsung never managed to nail down the build quality and colling in laptops, so probably not a great option.

HP is the choice for most companies but their after sales service for even corporates is abysmal.

Back