Laptop Suggestion for office

mutant

Skilled
I need to buy 3 laptop for office use. It will be used in web development company, mainly dealing with coding with light Photoshop ( modify, change images n all...not rendering or anything)

Budget: 20-25k

I am looking at these laptops, but I am not sure if I am missing something good. I am not able to decide :huh:

Buy Toshiba Satellite C660-P5010 (PSC0SG-01100L) at Best Price in India

Asus PRO8BIJ VX300D - Technotronics Onlineshop

Buy MSI CR500 Notebook at Best Price in India

Any other? Its simply too confusing.

I would appreciate any help.

Mutant

mutant said:
Thanks for the suggestion....Looks almost the same as the CR500 from MSI, I have my doubts regarding Acer's build quality and after sales service... Whats your take on that?
The build is decent for the price you pay. It has a wave pattern in the lid and palm rest and so not prone to smudges :)

The keyboard produces little clickety sound when you type fast or hit them hard (Esp. the space bar)

The portion right hand side to the touchpad gets slightly warm after extended usage (Since the HDD is right below)

The speakers are underwhelming (mono speakers)

There is no LED indicators for Caps and Num Lock.

If you can live with these little -ves then its a good VFM IMO. I dont have 1st had exp. of Acer A.S.S. So cant comment on it.

The positives are it has got a bright screen (Though reflective and glossy)

Decent build for the price you pay

Good syntactics touch pad.

Good H/W for the price it sells for. For ~22.5k with a free carry case it does pack a punch :)

MSI CR 420... 14" meaning that it is slightly more portable than the 15"... Also available in trims from i3 330m to i3 370m (22,000 to 26,000)... looks wise pretty general purpose but what hits the nail is the 2 year warranty that no other maker will give you in India in this price bracket... Also I find the build quality a slight notch above Acer...

Back