Budget 41-50k Laptop for Photoshop with Non Integrated Keyboard

greenhorn

Patron
Wife has joined a UX design course, and the current specs for photoshop seem STEEP ( I recall running photoshop back in the day on my potato PC)
apparently needs an FHD screen and 1.5GB dedicated graphics
My main bottleneck is the need for an easily replaceable keyboard. My house is very disaster prone and spills are frequent. Replacing top chassis every time is not doable.
I currently have a couple of older laptops which have been upgraded with SSD's and take care of our daily needs, and which have keyboard replacements every 2-3 years or so (these laptops are 7-10 years old)

I can find Cheap Refurb laptops with removable keyboards all over OLX (thinkpad, elitebook, latitude etc) - but none of them have discrete graphics
I can find a couple of workstation grade used laptops - Dell Precision etc, but not able to find their replacement keyboards easily available online
I can find a couple of used gaming laptops with detatchable keyboard (inspiron 7559) but buying used gaming laptops is a crapshoot. half of them are people who had them solder reflowed just to get them into working condition for sale
New laptops which meet this criteria - WAAAY too expensive

What are my options?

update: found a couple of thinkpad workstations. but got fixed in a more unexpected way. Turns out the training center was using older offline versions (you can read between the lines here) that were fine on the older laptop

Back