Monitors Is this gap normal in LG monitors?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I have this LG monitor LG - 22Mk600M bought in the yr 2021 for a friend who then backed off and I had to keep it.

Been few months I observed this huge "gap" between the bezels and the actual display.
You can see how a credit card easily slides in there and the gap is at the central part of the bezels closing towards the end.

Want to know what causes such a gap and what can be done for the same.

I have never seen such issue with Dell, Acer or Samsungs.

1706639957911.png

1706639975039.png

I have a similar gap in mine, always caught my eye initially but later got used to it and ignored it. Mine is not as thick as a credit card more like a thickness of a visiting card, but it's obvious that the two parts are separate and I could probably wedge a credit card in there if I tried. I would recommend just ignoring it.

I have this LG monitor LG - 22Mk600M bought in the yr 2021 for a friend who then backed off and I had to keep it.

Been few months I observed this huge "gap" between the bezels and the actual display.
You can see how a credit card easily slides in there and the gap is at the central part of the bezels closing towards the end.

Want to know what causes such a gap and what can be done for the same.

I have never seen such issue with Dell, Acer or Samsungs.

View attachment 189361

View attachment 189362
In case you missed this from LG

This is a new way to pay with your card online - just insert the chip side of the card into the bezel :p

I've noticed this in other brands too. I think plastic bezels are getting thinner and tolerances are getting higher to save on manufacturing costs.

In case you missed this from LG

Transportation reason is a joke. How a mere 2mm gap is going to save from any damage is the question.
Anyways, glad that its an official crap.
But seriously it looks so cheap and ugly and if its same for any premium line-up then time to shift to a better brand.

The gap invites dust and minor particles and even thin copper wire strands if ever some electrical work etc. happens at our pc power ports etc.
Dangerous tbh!

Transportation reason is a joke. How a mere 2mm gap is going to save from any damage is the question.
Why is it a joke. A bump a bit more than the packing can stand means a returned product. Since they ship these in the millions I'd think there's some reason for it. I'm glad they explained it.
The gap invites dust and minor particles and even thin copper wire strands if ever some electrical work etc. happens at our pc power ports etc.
Dangerous tbh!
Think of some creative way to fill it with sonething then

Already on it though not creative..creative is something which can be visible and add aesthetically pleasing..as least for me..
Does not have to be visible. My idea was a string thick enough to fill the gap with two ends you could pull out later if needed.

Will use foam..cut it per the gap size and fill it.
Why even do this? You risk putting more pressure on the panel with improper installation which might later lead to unveven backlight or worse cracking of the panel. The best that can be done is to place it at an angle or slight elevation with an monitor arm or stand so you stop noticing it.

Why even do this? You risk putting more pressure on the panel with improper installation which might later lead to unveven backlight or worse cracking of the panel. The best that can be done is to place it at an angle or slight elevation with an monitor arm or stand so you stop noticing it.
I obviously will do it in such a way that it wont cause any impact to the bezel and the display.

Dangerous tbh!
If you have seen any teardown of monitors, you can see that dust won't cause any damage (liquid would) because the panel with the backlight are enclosed as a single unit and the rest of the electronics are taped at the back (connected with ribbon cables).

Since it's your call, go ahead with filling it, but for others its not necessary. Also let us know how it goes.

Back