Is This Broadband?

vishalk

Adept
hi guys,

i have been using IOL indiaonline broadband since the past 2 years frm my local cable guy here in mumbai. the service had been good till the rains came up this year and hell the rains brought along downtimes which were not that bad, but then came the major issue. since the past 3 days, when they fixed a fiber cut my browsing has gone kaput but somehow, to my surprise my connectivity is perfect. pinging the server at 65500 and the dns too at the same rate is fine without any packet losses but somehow, i cant surf well. pages, some open some half, some dont.

here comes the dirty part, when i called IOL customer care, they ask me to call 67571500 and who is this.....well its exatt customer care number...wonder those sub-standard ppl still around....anyways i speak to them and tell them off the issue and what i get to know is that they feel something wrong with my pc and maybe my av in this case NOD32 could be blocking sites.....wow man i guess they better then me....but honestly the issue is something else, its the routing... they have messed up with my routing and they wouldnt admit that yes sir we f*****d up with ur routing.

next what happens, they send a babu, i wouldnot call him a technician coz he seemed to me to be a technician with no whatsoever knowledge of how to use a pc and he wanted to chk my surfing...wonder if exatt has started hiring road side ppl for free.....anyways he sees and confirms in whatever knowledge he had that yes i have browsing issue to some1 on the cell.

the reason i am posting this here is i want every1 to know that even the best isp in town has jus become the worse. IOL was never known to do such things in the past and this is only happened after they brought over exatt and they merged all the users coz earlier i used to connect to inventum and now i connect to that shitty sub-standard antariksh.

if any1 here using exatt is also experiencing the same speak up coz this could jus be another dark chapter comming to light coz i have never heard any1 say anything bad for IOL....atleast this is my 1st incident in 3 years of excellent service.

Hi,

Am also using http://simlacable.exatt.com/

When the line in up its seems to be working ok.

But when it goes down, no one attends for 1 or 2 weeks. I can't shift to others since no one else it providing direct broadband in this area.

Its pathetic and drive me mad at times.

hi,

good thinking there...but i tried opendns the 1st thing and no respite but my friend, opendns would not help for a raspppoe connection coz IOL has shifted every inventum user to exatt antariksh...

now something even interesting...i download 45gb a month..approx and i called IOL and spoke to some anita who 1st told me it could be due to the converter my operator replaced after slicing the fiber on sunday...now how can a converter screw up surfing for only 1 customer and not all.....

btw i and they we all know its a routing issue and they jus dont wanna admit yes we screwed up ur routing coz u download 45gb a month...

Back