Iphone activation cracked

Dvd Jon has managed to hack into the iphone and claims that his software can activate an iphone without the need of an AT&T subscription... read it all on his own blog:

I’ve found a way to activate a brand new unactivated iPhone without giving any of your money or personal information to AT&T NSA. The iPhone does not have phone capability, but the iPod and WiFi work. Stay tuned!

DVD Jon's blog:So sue me » Blog Archive » iPhone Independence Day

Well, it was inevitable, that the iPhone, will be cracked sooner or later.

This is much sooner than I expected.

I guess I should order 2 of them soon :D.

SoulFire said:
i believe its availabl @ alfa mumbai for 30k for the 4gb version

Will the ones available in the US work in India with the crack? The4GB retails for around $499 and the 8GB for $599. With the customs and shipping added...I could definitely get it here for way less than 30K

^^No... atm you won't get ne other functions off it except for the wifi and the ipod. But wait a while... this is more like a "work in progress" so once the dude develops the crack a bit further more or less all the functions should be opened up.

crack will be done with soon, what about it being locked to at&t i think thatd b more of a challenge 2 break than anything :p

The iPhone does not have phone capability, but the iPod and WiFi work. Stay tuned!

so all you have is an expensive iPod with wi-fi :p

i find it odd that Apple would lock their phone to just one telco, or maybe that's the case with this version only. At&T if i'm not mistaken uses TDMA, are there any TDMA providers in India,

no, Realiance only offers CDMA.

So i think you will have to be patient to be able to use it with that or GSM, but then i'm sure the ones sold in the .eu will handle GSM.

Seems his crack is only for the americans then.

that is wot precisely wot i had indicated .. cuz had the cracker waited patiently and had deviced a crak applicable to all .. then it wd hv been gr8 .. now apple wil def look up into the possible loopholes and the firmware wd be even more robust than wot it wd hv been ..

prolly he was concerned abt gaining stature in his own country .. tsk .. pity for us .. none the less .. the did a fine job .. HIT APPLE AS HARD AS U CAN .. :p

The fact that AT&T activate your phone, that means its a simple Code to unlock it. Thus it should be easily unlockable, in theory! Lol.

^ OMG, LOL, NO :p

It also means that the OS is locked to use ONLY an AT&T network, hence these blokes are able to unlock the WiFi, Organizer and iPod capabilities, but the GSM module of the phone still remains unlocked which is causing the problem.

Nevertheless

Back