IP address conflict on SIFY

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi people.
From this morning i am getting a constant warning from windows telling me there is an IP address conflict with onother PC on this network.
Someone else is trying to use my IP address either intentionally or by mistake.
I have registered a complain about the same with SIFY but a while ago i read it on M$ website regarding tracing and solving IP conflicts. I found the page
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q120599/

Now what i want to know is how to trace this?

My connection is not affected but the message is annoying. I am behind double firewall so i am preety secure regarding attacks. But i want to dig out the bugger who is doing this. Atleast something that will dig out his MAC address so that i can report it to SIFY.

dont worry, coz i think its unintentional, that guy must have reinstalled his OS and the ip settigs must be in auto detect mode. but if ur still intrested, download either of these "Angry Ip Scaner" or Advance LAN scanner, change ur ip to something else, so that that person can use ur orignal ip (if he is doing this on purpose) and run a scan for ur ip, u will get all info about his pc that u need :)

now there is a problem.
Now SIFY has static IP. I cannot log in using any other IP except mine. Thats the problem. Now its IP and MAC bound.
This dude is probably having same problem and wondering why in this world sify is not working but its causing problem for both of us.

Oh my god. Dude rave, that is very dangerous tool in wrong hands. :p

But finally i got the PC name and MAC address of the person. it turn out to be my stupid neighbour.( from his PC name ;) )
He was playing with some settings in CP and changed his IP by mistake. His was just one less than mine so he put back mine insted of his own.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Back