(Fixed) Inverter problem - Isn't working at home.

NoobP

Disciple
So our home inverter isn't working, like it works for a second, then the inverter makes a beep sound and the electricity gets cut.

I took the setup (inverter and the battery) to the shop and when they checked it worked perfectly fine, so at first I thought it was a outlet problem and connected the inverter to a different outlet and it worked (for more than a second - didn't bother to test it for an extensive time), so I thought the problem was fixed, but now there's an electricity cut and it isn't working, do someone know what's the problem?

Last edited:
When they tested it at the shop, did they put a significant load on it? Or was it just a light bulb?

Also, have you recently added any new appliances to your house that are now connected up to the inverter? You can turn everything off, see if it stops beeping and turn things back on one by one.

When they tested it at the shop, did they put a significant load on it? Or was it just a light bulb?

Also, have you recently added any new appliances to your house that are now connected up to the inverter? You can turn everything off, see if it stops beeping and turn things back on one by one.
They tested with two 200w light bulbs. Anyway, I did some test to see if there was any short circuit and it seems the inverter has gone faulty.

So our home inverter isn't working, like it works for a second, then the inverter makes a beep sound and the electricity gets cut.
I had this problem with my old Inverter and there are few possibilities that can cause such a problem.
1. The batteries are not getting charged so when you put any load they can't handle it (Solution - Check if the connectors are in good shape sometimes they look good from outside but get loose from inside so you will have to replace/repair them)
2. If the gravity of batteries is good, Did you refill the water recently or did the shop owner checked the gravity?
3. Check the Inverter if it can power the batteries

I had this problem after installation of inverter. It turns out that one of the power outlet was connected to inverter line. So soon as inverter kicked in, that power outlet which was connected to AC put too much load on inverter and it automatically cut off.

See if you have any such issue.

1. The batteries are not getting charged so when you put any load they can't handle it (Solution - Check if the connectors are in good shape sometimes they look good from outside but get loose from inside so you will have to replace/repair them)
Connection is okay, I checked that before going to the shop.
2. If the gravity of batteries is good, Did you refill the water recently or did the shop owner checked the gravity?
Except one chember, it was all good.
3. Check the Inverter if it can power the batteries
Called a electrician to check.

Edit: So yah, connection to the battery wasn't tight enough.

I took the setup (inverter and the battery) to the shop and when they checked it worked perfectly fine, so at first I thought it was a outlet problem and connected the inverter to a different outlet and it worked (for more than a second - didn't bother to test it for an extensive time), so I thought the problem was fixed, but now there's an electricity cut and it isn't working, do someone know what's the problem?
Share some more info like how old is the inverter and the battery, how much load is connected to the inverter line and permissible load of the inverter, is the inverter installed in a well ventilated area and also is the cooling fan of the inverter is in working condition.

As far as I understand, a beep sound before shutting down indicates a deep discharged battery.

Share some more info like how old is the inverter and the battery, how much load is connected to the inverter line and permissible load of the inverter, is the inverter installed in a well ventilated area and also is the cooling fan of the inverter is in working condition.

As far as I understand, a beep sound before shutting down indicates a deep discharged battery.
It's fixed, it was just that the connection to the battery wasn't tight enough.

I have Luminous Eco Volt+ and also currently having a very similar problem. My electricity goes out sometimes the inverter works for a few seconds before showing overload even on 100-150W load and shuts off. If it works fine for a little while and electricity is back then it fails to switch and charge the battery and instead gives long continuous beep non-stop and shows overload and mains + charging led keeps blinking.

I have to remove power and then replug it to fix the situation but it happens again if power goes out and comes back.

I have validated all the connections and even bought a new battery a couple days ago (it was due anyways since it's been over 5 years for the previous one). Still he problem remained.
Now today I checked the inverter live wire line and when I unplugged it from the back of the inverter, to my surprise, the electricity of all the appliances which are connected to inverter never went off.
I checked the plug and it was live, without being plugged in anywhere...

So this means I'm having a short/connection of mains live to inverter live line somewhere before the inverter connection. Also this must mean I was feeding live into the back socket of the inverter and I checked the plug of the inverter (which goes into main), all 3 pins (earth, neutral and live) were live! Disastrous. IDK how inverter still kinda works.

I think my home wiring is somehow messed up in the past few days because this wasn't happening before. I need to get it checked by a professional.

Meanwhile I'm testing the inverter separately on some appliance to see if it works as normal after this supposed torture.

I checked the plug and it was live, without being plugged in anywhere...
Are you talking about the wire that goes behind the inverter? If yes, isn't it usually live?

Anyway, about the overload, from what I've heard from the electrician today, some appliances consumes much more electricity than the mentioned watts when it's just switched ON, so it might cause overload.

Are you talking about the wire that goes behind the inverter? If yes, isn't it usually live?

Anyway, about the overload, from what I've heard from the electrician today, some appliances consumes much more electricity than the mentioned watts when it's just switched ON, so it might cause overload.
No the the plug that goes into the inverter isn't already live. That's the output power plug which means it needs power.
The bypass of the inverter works this way,

The input of the live wire of the inverter gets connected to the output plug of the inverter, which means the mains live get connected to the wire (live) which goes back to your home circuit.
Right now, the wire which goes back to the home circuit is already live somehow. We have not connected that wire back to mains live to complete the circuit and it's just hanging but all home appliances are still working which means somehow somewhere there's already a connection between the mains live and wire which goes back to the circuit.

I can't explain much more in words.

About the overload, no I just have a couple LED tube lights and fans totaling to near 200W.

Last edited:
Back