Interesting Fan Films & other CGI Videos

Rickyk

Skilled
My intention is to start a thread with various short Fan Films as well as other CGI videos that are just plain cool to watch. Would like to include both Independent, non-game related content as well as "official" game content related projects.

I was hesitant to place this in this section as some of these clips have nothing to do with Gaming specifically. However I was unable to find another more appropriate one. If the Mods feel its better served somewhere else - please move it.

Would like to start with 3 offerings.

Astartes - a clip by Syama Pedersen is amazing on several different levels - apart from being my very first intro to the Warhammer Universe. Whats even more incredible about it is the fact that its largely a solo effort! Have a look -

The second is a Star Wars X-Wing clip that is very well made - again by a single person! Check it out -

If you enjoyed that and wanted to see a very brief "making of" video then watch this -

Lastly is this clip called "Salad" by Ian Hubert.

What I love about the above clips is that they are created largely by individuals - yet they seem to match or exceed (IMO) similar stuff that is created by multi billion $ studios with 100's (sometimes 1000's) of employees not to mention collosal Render Farms.

Hope you guys enjoy watching these as much as I do. Please post your own favs. Would love to see them.

Cheers

Last edited:
7 Years old but still looks good -

Also check out the 10 minute Clip called "Lucky 13" (Season 1 Episode 13) from the Netflix Series Love Death & Robots. This episode was made by Sony Pictures & Directed by Senior VFX Supervisor Jerome Chen. Cant link it here unfortunately due to copyright issues.

However I can give you a very small glimpse of what its about. Check it out -

Heres a more detailed look on the official Imageworks Site -

Well worth a watch IMO and my fav of that series...

Another cool Warhammer Vid. This one is an official trailer though -

And another -

This Fan created re-imagined version of Scene 38 of ANH has 46+ Million Views and is still going strong. Very well made and synced with the original -

For Uncharted fans - Nathan Fillion is Nathan Drake in this live action Uncharted short film by Director Allan Ungar.

I always laugh hard at this one. The dialogue is hilarious. 10 Years old but still gold. :)

This actually became a 60 minute long series but Part 1 was my personal favorite.

Last edited:
Back