Im Going for this Config without LCD ..Is it good for mind-end gaming and Bluray ?

invisiblex

Disciple
i5 SANDY BRIDGE - 2500K / 3.3 GHz - 11000
MSI H67MA-E35 - 5500
DDR 3 -1333 4GB KINGSTON - 2050
ASUS DVD-Writer 950
Seagate 1 TB ( 6 GB/s) 2750
NZXT GUARDIAN 921 RB cabinet - 5000
WIreless Kb/mouse - 1000
Creative Inspire 5.1 T6200 4150
A T I 5670 ATI PCX-16X,D,DDR5 - 5500

Total 39k without LCD .. I already have 24inch SAmsung LCD

Is it good config or any changes ?

Re: Im Going for this Config without LCD ..Is it good for mind-end gaming and Bluray

n you are going to run this system without a psu right?

Re: Im Going for this Config without LCD ..Is it good for mind-end gaming and Bluray

Few Changes you may want to consider:
1) There is no point in buying a K series processor with H67 chipset, chane the mobo to P67 chipset.
2) go for corsair or gskill rams as they are available at the same price
3) Consider Antec DF-30/35 instead of Guardian or buy Tempest Evo if you want NZXT
4) Not sure of NZXT PSU's but if your overall budget is 5000 for cabinet+PSU , buy NZXT Gamma + Corsair VX450/VX550 or Seasonic 520W PSU.

vivacious_tg said:
1) There is no point in buying a K series processor with H67 chipset, chane the mobo to P67 chipset.
3) Consider Antec DF-30/35 instead of Guardian or buy Tempest Evo if you want NZXT
4) Not sure of NZXT PSU's but if your overall budget is 5000 for cabinet+PSU , buy NZXT Gamma + Corsair VX450/VX550 or Seasonic 520W PSU.
Antec DF35 CAbinet looks horrible .. like a server cabinet .. we want Gaming feel .. if our GF sees my PC ..she should feel im a gamer not some hardworking Datacenter boy.
http://store.antec.com/productimages/Standards/root/DF35_LED_QBE.jpg

Tempest EVo looks gargabe infront of Guardian
Tempest
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Tempest_EVO/images/finishedon.jpg
Guardian
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/mave0206/Guardian921RB.png

Both are photoshopped company pics ..but still design of guardian is what gaming PC should be with Blur/Orange color choice and temp indicator.

vivacious_tg said:

Config looks good,but case liking differ from person to person,and the guardian has space for 4 hard drives(just notifying if you need more),and the 5670 should be of 1gb ram,if its priced this high.

Why isn't there any point in getting a k series chip with the h67 board?

Ya, if u r getting a h67 board, i5 2500k would ne useless, u could save money by getting i5 2500 and use the rest to buy a better GPU...
Go for 5770 or if 2nd hand is ok, people are selling 5850 at 8k in TE market, and its a beast when compared to 5670 or even 5770...

K series is meant for overclocking which can only be achieved by using a P67 motherboard.. He would get the same performance out of an i5 2500 with an H67 motherboard as he would with an i5 2500k with an H67 motherboard since he wont be able to overclock it anyways.

joel.monty said:
Config looks good,but case liking differ from person to person,and the guardian has space for 4 hard drives(just notifying if you need more),and the 5670 should be of 1gb ram,if its priced this high.

you can't overclock the CPU with H67 chipset and hence there is no point in getting the k series cpu.

OP,

Regarding cases have you seen any of the cases in person, if not go and check them in person because the photos don't do justice. I had seen Guardian and Tempest in person before taking the decision and Guardian felt too plasticy whereas Tempest had a decent feel and it was great combination of features+looks.

Second thing my first preference was features, cooling capability and not just looks.

@Op

You said you will get 750 watt psu with the cabinet. And the cabinet costs 5k. FYI, a decent psu itself of 750 watts costs 7k+. Now can you understand what crap you will get with your cabby? Ditch the idea of using that psu. Go for a brand like Corsair/Seasonic/Antec/Tagan/Silverstone and you will never regret for your decision. You must understand that psu is the heart of any system and if you get a bad heart, the whole system will fall in no time.

simforgotten said:
@Op

You said you will get 750 watt psu with the cabinet. And the cabinet costs 5k. FYI, a decent psu itself of 750 watts costs 7k+. Now can you understand what crap you will get with your cabby? Ditch the idea of using that psu. Go for a brand like Corsair/Seasonic/Antec/Tagan/Silverstone and you will never regret for your decision. You must understand that psu is the heart of any system and if you get a bad heart, the whole system will fall in no time.
True .. increasing budget 10k more .. for 5k PSU and 5k Printer CUm scanner(recommend which)

Did anyone see iball highend CAbinet .. this looks good .. like bullets firing
http://iball.co.in/Images/Main/Main__271.jpg
iBall
Did anyone try it
VIDEO YouTube - syclone modding pc
Theitdepot - IBall Bullets Designer Gaming Cabinets
the coolest thing for this chassis is people often cant find d power button :-D :-D BUT doesnt have black coating inside ..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.zebronics.net/images/products/cabinets/Gaming-Series/Zeb-Xclio-777_b.jpg
http://www.zebronics.net/images/products/cabinets/Gaming-Series/invader_b.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Which looks good ? Guardian Red or blue ?
http://www.islagadget.com/546-615-thickbox/nzxt-guardian-921-rb-red-edition.jpg
http://platform.ak.fbcdn.net/www/ap...agehosting.com/files/3uiafjfghvimozjzhfcl.jpg

For Cabinet part ANTEC has a far superior build quality then the rest mention . PSU SeaSonic 750JS is for 5.5k thats the cheapest reliable and good PSU in 750W , am using it now and its performing very good and its silent. But considering low budget you might be better off with a VX550 as it has a good overhead :) . And either go for P67 chipset or i5 2500 ... You will save some cash this way ,as previously mentioned . Dont know about high end cabinets of iBall or Zebronics but if you have the budget then try avoiding it . CoolerMaster Elite 430 or Lian-Li K56 would be a better buy, yeah you can consider the NZXT Gamma if you want a PSU+cabby combo in 5-6k.

deathgoddg said:
For Cabinet part ANTEC has a far superior build quality then the rest mention . PSU SeaSonic 750JS is for 5.5k thats the cheapest reliable and good PSU in 750W , am using it now and its performing very good and its silent. But considering low budget you might be better off with a VX550 as it has a good overhead :) . And either go for P67 chipset or i5 2500 ... You will save some cash this way ,as previously mentioned . Dont know about high end cabinets of iBall or Zebronics but if you have the budget then try avoiding it . CoolerMaster Elite 430 or Lian-Li K56 would be a better buy, yeah you can consider the NZXT Gamma if you want a PSU+cabby combo in 5-6k.

All the cabinets you recommend already we know ..and they have got the worst looks ..big flop. To attract my girlfriends ..looks matter first ..
1. Looks

2. Build Quality and modern

3. Features

invisiblex said:
All the cabinets you recommend already we know ..and they have got the worst looks ..big flop. To attract my girlfriends ..looks matter first ..
1. Looks
2. Build Quality and modern
3. Features
This may sound rude and the Mods may delete it but if you want a good cabinet, leave your girlfriend(s) out of the equation. If you are so desperate to woo your girlfriend(s) best is buy a el-cheapo PSU fit it in a cabinet with all your hardware over-clock your components and let the system catch fire... get some popcorn and enjoy the fireworks.

Your desperation not withstanding, I'll recommend you to get the NZXT Tempest EVO, period simply for its features and absolute airflow superiority. NZXT Tempest EVO Review - Page 1/6 | techPowerUp

Back