I might move to Sweden, looking for some help and suggestions

My office colleague who left for Finland 2 yrs ago to pursue higher education was asked for all taxation proofs and bank bal. etc for getting the visa. Unsure what was the purpose but he said its a normal process..
For education it’s a different process and yes you have to show you have enough money to sustain yourself. My case is different though.

A friend of mine told me to get a FD backed credit card from SBM, as they have lowest transaction rates and 0% forex fees. Imo this seems the best way going forward, but any other suggestions?

How you are planning to use credit card over there?

In Norway, most of they online portals(and few phyiscal stores) were not accepting Indian credit cards and i had to use cash withdrawn from ATM using my axis bank debit card. Of course i quickly opened bank account there(skandiabanken) along with CC even before my first month salary was credited. Anyways this was few years before, so not sure whether situation changed now and i expect Sweden to be similar.

So my suggestion would be have some debit/ATM card for backup, so that you can use cash!

Good news, my permit is granted!! Now have to decide on the official joining date

I will see how much money I can get for my system, if its not a decent amount to rebuild a PC there I will just take this one. I plan to do video editing / color grading as a freelancer, so would need a desktop with a decent GPU.

Back