PC Peripherals How's This Configuration ?

iBrood

Disciple
I' thinking of building a PC with this config. and I'd like to have your opinions on it:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800
ASUS A8N VM Mobo
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT
Corsair 1 GB XMS

Do u think I can play the likes of quake 4 and doom 3 at decent quality on this ?

Nice config, but why the A8N VM ?

I would suggest you get a A8N SLI Premium (worth the investment) so that you can SLI later...

Get the DFI Ultra-D at the very least. That X2 might OC well and with that XMS u can easily OC well. Also, get the 6800GS for the G.Card. The 6600GT is showing its age now and is struggling in some of the games. Check the market section and see if there are any decent deals on PCI-E G.Cards.

If you wanna play games, scrap the X2 get a 3000+ coupled with a 7800 GT. Will be an infinitely better gaming machine, and yes you might wanna look at the mobo too. If you get a DFI lanparty ultra board below 8k get it, otherwise Asus A8ne is a good VFM.

Id advice you to go for a 3500 (same price) for gaming. Dont get me wrong even the 3800+ rocks for gaming.

And a DFI LanParty Ultrad-D or an Asus a8n-e.

abhinav7 said:
I' thinking of building a PC with this config. and I'd like to have your opinions on it:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800
ASUS A8N VM Mobo
Nvidia Geforce 6600GT
Corsair 1 GB XMS

Do u think I can play the likes of quake 4 and doom 3 at decent quality on this ?
A8N SLI premium (nuff said)...
3500+ SC
6800GS/7800GT
1 GB (corsair is good stick with it)

Back