How to set WA status hidden from everyone?

I've set it to hidden for everyone but still people say they can see me online. Does wa reset the settings everytime it updates?
I think those who have not updated their WhtasApp can still see you online. Just a hypotheseis though.

I have been trying to figure it out from some time, never really tried much though.
No. It doesn't. You need to select contacts individually in some versions, I am on beta and observed this.

I'm on the regular version (2.23.3.77) and have set this in the settings -
photo_2023-02-26_22-28-30.jpg

Based on the above image, no one should see me online.

Last edited:
I think this setting over rides the setting in top. I tried making a dummy contact with phone number all zero but WhatsApp does not allow selecting it. Then i tried searching for my number and it won't show that too.

wa-status.jpg

Do you mean to say that Status Privacy setting overrides Last Seen and Online Privacy settings?
I thought it did, but I'm wrong.

In this screen, select "My contacts except" and select everyone (one by one). It is manual. This is the way ;)
Yeah, i don't want anyone to know I'm online on wa. Not even my contacts. People expect replies as soon as they message. Like I'm sitting free 24/7. O⁠_⁠o

Yeah, i don't want anyone to know I'm online on wa. Not even my contacts. People expect replies as soon as they message. Like I'm sitting free 24/7. O⁠_⁠o
Yes, Exactly for this reason I too don't want ANYONE to know if I'm online. TBH that is a pretty shitty feature to enforce on the users. Maybe they did it to drive the app use or dunno?

I have disabled Read Receipts and Online Visibility thingy but I don't know if others can see it or not. I'm more concerned about those who haven't updated their WhatsApp and running ancient versions.

Back