How do you download torrents anonymously?

Yes but don't worry about this in India, 99% ISPs do not care about torrent downloads and no one else cares about what kind of piracy you do or p0rn you watch.
In fact many ISPs advertise high peering speeds as a selling point of their plans.
Peering doesn't mean piracy....lot of legal and free things are on torrent and using it legally is allowed but not to download movies illegally and that is not allowed and to let u know....all ur data is monitored and every download that u do is also monitored. They will act if ur ip will be flagged for any illegal download so beware. I'm saying this from experience as have worked in bigger ISP of india.

@rockyo27 Thanks for the explanation but I never said peering is piracy or it's only used for torrenting. I'm very well aware what is peering.
ISPs can't do shit unless they get a legal notice from a copyright holder (or a legal entity representing them) of the content being transferred illegally using their infrastructure.

Now the copyright holders (at least in India) are more after the websites that host the torrent files which is why you see most torrent sites in India are not easily accessible (banned by the ISP as per government rules).
End users like us have nothing to worry about at least since the dawn of torrents until now but that may change in future.

Last edited:
Received a strongly worded letter from my ISP way back in 2016. They included an email they received from Warner Bros. regarding copyrighted material being seeded with the ISP IP. The letter indicated that they may terminate my connection if this repeats. Haven't used torrents without VPN since then.

Received a strongly worded letter from my ISP way back in 2016. They included an email they received from Warner Bros. regarding copyrighted material being seeded with the ISP IP. The letter indicated that they may terminate my connection if this repeats. Haven't used torrents without VPN since then.
This is what i'm saying....don't take it lightly.....if u have static ip then beware.....if ur ip gets flagged for downloading pirated versions of any legal thing it comes to the isp first always as the ip is registered in their name and they know whom it is given to.

use a VPN to hide your IP or use a seedbox and connect to it via VPN if you are really worried about privacy, tbh you cant really do much if you want end-to-end privacy. There will always be a privacy risk when using such services. but if you want the easiest way to get this pirated stuff, Usenet is the way to go, I have been using geek and slug for years now and pay via bitcoin to maintain privacy. it has never failed me in finding content.

Back