How do you dispose of e-waste?

njsam

Recruit
I'm in Chennai and yesterday, I went to drop off a power bank with a swollen battery and a smaller swollen battery that I removed from my Pebble Time Steel in my apartment complex's "e-waste room." This room was supposed to be a collection point for e-waste from all the residents. Then it was supposed to get dropped off at an e-waste facility according to a message on the complex WhatsApp group.

That's how it's supposed to work. So, I drop off my spicy pillows and while there, I'm talking to the electrician on shift from the maintenance team. He tells me that while that's how everything's supposed to work, they just end up collecting everything in the room and then throwing everything in the trash outside the apartment when the room becomes full. No e-waste facility. That left me wondering if there were better options for me to dispose of my e-waste and that's why I'm making this post. Do y'all have any experience with this/like this?

I generally drop at my office premises where there is special bin for e-waste and more reliable than complex's bin.
Also, you can drop it at Croma or similar stores, they need to have special bin for e-waste.

Probably, there might be state govt. supported initiatives in your locality like:

Don't know how efficient this works...

Back