How do i identify if the warranty is manufacturers or the dealers

Deepak

Skilled
Hmmm, so decided to get a 6233 then.

Now the price here varies from 7950 to 8500, so wanna know how do I identify if the piece I get has manufacturers (Nokia) warranty or dealers warranty.

I assume manufacturers warranty is the good one, and the one where I can take the cell to Nokia Care.

Also, if some knows a reliable mobile shop in the following and nearby areas of Delhi, lemme kno.

Pitampura

Rohini

Punjabi Bagh

Shalimar Bagh

Karol Bagh (Gaffar Market :S)

Model town / Azadpur

Cheers

Deepak

The phones which are marketed through nokia india carries the manufacturer's warranty. Grey market phone may carry dealer's warranty, these are not marketed through Nokia India. This goes with all the companies.

^^ Best Why dont u buy it from a Nokia Priority dealer to be sure abt the issue of genuinty...it will cost u a bit more but then when u are spending so much a lil more.......also u can buy from any Nokia Authorised Mobile shop....which is in "every" gulli here in mumbai :rofl: ....also make sure if u buy from other dealer...u get proper bill...and "MAKE" the dealer write on ur bill :"Warranty from Nokia India" <--- along with his stamp.......i follow this advise after my pal suggested to do so , so that there is no problems later on.

Deepak said:
Hmmm, so decided to get a 6233 then.

Now the price here varies from 7950 to 8500, so wanna know how do I identify if the piece I get has manufacturers (Nokia) warranty or dealers warranty.

I assume manufacturers warranty is the good one, and the one where I can take the cell to Nokia Care.

Also, if some knows a reliable mobile shop in the following and nearby areas of Delhi, lemme know.

Pitampura
Rohini
Punjabi Bagh
Shalimar Bagh
Karol Bagh (Gaffar Market :S)
Model town / Azadpur

Cheers
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Rather then looking for some reliable shop, i would suggest you to look out for hot spot/go mobile/the mobile shop/subhiksha showroom near by you. not only you get a best price but also a peace of mind for walking-in in authorized service centers. Roam around 2-3 and buy which one offers you best price with some offer. The most i remember is

> a hot spot showroom in prashant vihar market
> the mobile store showroom in near to everbake bakery
> subhiksha store in ashok vihar market

Cheers :hap2:
R's
Ashi

Maybe someone who has dealt with Nokia service centres and had a positive experience can suggest a good place to purchase the 6233 from :). IMO, that's what matters.

no matter were u buy from a nokia as long as its a nokia india thing they will entertain you if you have the bill. THEIR service centers suck big time so hope u get a good working piece else you can go to them every now n then to have it fixed.

Hmm, so that means basically that if I buy from Nokia priorty then only there is a guarantee of the thing having Manufacturers warranty...

The phone is not available at Subhiksha Mobile...checked 4 stores....Hotspot I'll check...where exactly in Prashant Vihar.???

The thing is, the phone is available at a killer price of 7950@ Naresh electronics, Gaffar Market.,..hes quite famous there...

Rest of the places (not Nokia PD's) its at 8200...Nokia PD will prolly be 8400...

Main thing I wanna know is apart from grey market stuff, is there such a thing as Dealers warranty type phones...(the phones which do come with a bill)

see check the indian phone will be imported by nokia india with the sticker and he will give u a bill . in gaffar they wont give u a bill for those grey stuff.

HCL i guess imports stuff for nokia in india so just check that

Arre getting the bill from that Naresh fella na...frn who lives in Karol Bagh only says ki hes quite good...

Is there anythng mentioned on the box or mayb a sticker which can be seen to check if the warranty is by Nokia Care or not?

just wondering if we have a site like in the us(nokia site) where we can enter our imei and check whether the phone is under warranty or not..

Back