[HELP] Unable to install UMG1831 drivers after Vmware installation

raksrules

Elite
I am unable to install my UMG1831 modem after Vmware installation caused the installation of drivers to go bust.
This has happened before too last time when i had installed Vmware few days back and uninstalled it but this time i am not able to install the drivers properly. Following are the series of steps

1. UMG1831 and mobile partner is ALREADY installed and everything works fine.
  2. I install Vmware so i can install XP in that. This VMware caused two virtual network adapters to be created in my host OS Windows 7 and this thing somehow screws with the installed drivers of UMG1831.
  3. After a restart, i fire mobile partner and plug in UMG1831 and the mobile partner failed to recognized the modem :(
  4. So i restart computer in safe mode, uninstall the mobile partner, uninstall the Vmware installed virtual ethernet adapters and then restart in normal mode (used safe mode because in normal mode the vmware virtual ethernet were taking long time to uninstall and hanged the laptop)
  5. Again plug in the UMG1831 and it detects and installs few drivers like
    • USB composite device
    • TF card reader
    • etc etc
    But in above step, it DOES NOT install the main 3G modem drivers (this is expected i think and from my before experience). The drivers like Huawei mobile connect etc etc are still not installed
  6. Now i have another latest version of mobile partner which i start installing (because the one bundled in modem is faulty and that is case with many people).
  7. After this mobile partner is installed, it again starts detecting the modem and now tries to install the remaining drivers itself (i presume). The screen looks like this
    qoawy1.jpg

8. But this continues for like 15 min and then it comes as
    72ywyp.jpg

Now what is the exact issue ? How can i Uninstall everything related to UMG1831 completely and install it the RIGHT WAY again. Please explain. I dont have net because of this now and have to use wifi hotspot in my android to access net on PC.
God knows what am i supposed to do. I have installed these before and never faced issues :(

PS: Dont bother about that FAKE thing written above, it is supposed to be that way only.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok so now the problem is resolved after i completely uninstalled the Vmware. Now can anyone tell what is this link between Vmware and UMG 1831 which screws up everything ??

^^How exactly do i do that and for what should i use the XP mode ??? Sorry for noobish query. Just started using windows 7.

I have completely uninstalled the Vmware from my machine and followed the steps mentioned (by me only) in the below mentioned thread to install the modem drivers. The initial part till step 4 happens file where the mobile partner and few other things are installed as in below screenshot
25qrep2.jpg

Now as mentioned, i remove modem and install another latest version of mobile partner and plug in the Modem and it starts to install the actual mobile connect stuff on COM ports as shown in the screenshot in first post. But after some 15 min i get the error that it failed as shown in second screenshot of first post. Now how can i ensure that all drivers are installed correctly to make the modem workable again.

http://www.techenclave.com/networking/umg1831-modem-issue-184155.html#post1740125

I again tried installaing Vmware, it went fine, uninstalled it completely and again started with the modem installation and still i am getting issue of that FAKE getting failed

Exactly similar to what the below post says
http://www.techenclave.com/networking/umg1831-modem-issue-184155.html#post1740140

Not related to the Vmware issue can anyone on windows 7 using UMG1831 and able to make reconnect the 3G connection automatically, give me what is the value of "Installer32" in the following location ??

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Back