Budget 21-30k Help Needed to configure new AMD cpu with a DDR4 motherboard

mavs111

Disciple
Hi,

I was using a i7 7700 pc with an asus mothrboard with amd rx6600xt as my gpu for jewelry cad purposes. This mobo and cpu has gotten spoilt.
I am looking to now build a pc with amd ryzen 5 series cpu. I am looking for suggestions on cpu model with compatible motherboard for cad and basic rendering.

I own all other parts, including gpu, psu, ddr4 ram sticks 3200mhz cl16, ssd, etc.

Would it be advisable to buy a ddr4 compatible setup? Or more sensible to move to a ddr5 setup?
Also, would i need a new cpu cooler? or would the intel cpu cooler work ?

Mention a budget.

Get R7 5700X (18k) + MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi (10k), should be good enough for your usage, you can use your existing DDR4 RAM. The latest Ryzen 7000 parts need DDR5 RAM.

Deepcool AG400 & AK400 are great coolers for their price.

Mention a budget.

Get R7 5700X (18k) + MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi (10k), should be good enough for your usage, you can use your existing DDR4 RAM. The latest Ryzen 7000 parts need DDR5 RAM.

Would you happen to have a link for the cpu at the price you have mentioned?

Use this for comparing prices. Just a heads up, not all sites listed there are equal or verified in any manner.
+1

They don't track amazon & FK, sometimes they have good deals. I will not recommend buying from FK because of high chance of fraud (esp. in CPUs) & bad customer service.

Would you happen to have a link for the cpu at the price you have mentioned?

Trusted sellers - vedant, md, primeabgb, pcstudio, clarion, theitdepot.

What's your budget?

I would say avoid amazon as well these days for pc components. Usually the independent retailers have better prices, and even if amazon is lower by a few hundred it's not worth dealing with their support for missing deliveries or defective products.

I would say avoid amazon as well these days for pc components. Usually the independent retailers have better prices, and even if amazon is lower by a few hundred it's not worth dealing with their support for missing deliveries or defective products.
I'll say amazon's customer care is fine, shipping is way faster than small stores. I won't consider amazon unless price is same as prime, md or vedant, sometimes have seen lower prices on amazon, so worth keeping an eye out.

I don't expect customer care of prime, md or vedant to be as responsive as amazon, but again never had to deal with them. Dealt with amazon a lot. Make sure its a prime fulfilled seller.

Mention a budget.

Does the ryzen 7 5700x come with a cpu cooler? Or would I have to buy one separately?
I ask this cause R5 5600x comes with a cooler. Im not sure if the R7 5700x comes with a similar packaging of cooler.

Does the ryzen 7 5700x come with a cpu cooler? Or would I have to buy one separately?
I ask this cause R5 5600x comes with a cooler. Im not sure if the R7 5700x comes with a similar packaging of cooler.
You'll need to buy one separately.

For any processor look in the specifications for "Thermal Solution", and that'll tell you whether it's included.

From the AMD site,

For 5600X
1695065966837.png

For 5700X
1695065978877.png

No, get the mentioned AG400 or AK400 based on how much you want to spend. AG400 performs like AK400, just looks worse.

Would it be advisable to buy a ddr4 compatible setup? Or more sensible to move to a ddr5 setup?
Since you're looking at buying new CPU + mobo + cooler, I would usually suggest to sell the existing RAM and go for a AM5 build. It will give you more performance NOW and enable you to upgrade in the future if required.

AM4 is a dead end at this point and you shouldn't be building a brand new system on it unless you have a strict budget, or you know you won't need additional performance later. But, in your case I'm guessing CAD doesn't need a lot of processing power, so it's ok to go for the cheaper AM4. Either way it will be a huge upgrade.

Back