Canon Pixema 1000i
cost - 2600

Canon Pixema 1500i
cost - 4000 approx

Epson (some model)
cost - 2700

HP Print-Scan
cost - 4400

My requirements are mainly b/w documents. Mainly for my dad's official documents and some images once a while. Would like to have some clearity in the pics printed (dunno where new technology has taken us :p). I plan to use the same printer for atleast 3 years. The running cost should be less.

Catriges cost. *im not sure about this rates.* plz do correct me.

HP print scan
BW - 600 (? ml)
Colour - 1050 (? ml)

Epson
BW - 400 (? ml)
Color - 700 (? ml)

Canon both models
BW - 350 (10ml)
Color - 675 (? ml)

The canon models come with only ink tanks. requires the change of printing head after every 4-5 refills. The head pack costs 1300. it includes one BW and color catrige too. HP catriges includes the "head", and hence cost is more. But there are alternate catriges avbl + refilling possible. Canon's warrenty would be void if catriges are refilled. Epson ?

Dudes, ur inputs.
Hows the HP print scan one ?

From what I've encountered, most people have advised me against a 'printer-scanner in one'. They're cost-effective in the short run, but become a pain when u use it for long. Besides, many of my friends who use such print-scanners say that either they print well or scan well. Both of them arent top-quality at the same time. But since I haven't used them myself.......dont take my word for it.

HP print quality is top-class, but the cartridges are a big drawback. But since u r gonna use ur printer more for b/w documents, HP is a good option. An original HP b/w cartridge costs around 700 bucks, I s'ppose. And alternative refilling is pretty safe for b/w purposes (but never do it for colour).

Epson has the cartridge price advantage over HP. And Epson printers are pretty good as well. Epson Stylus C43SX costs Rs. 2500 (according to Techtree). Here's the link to a C43SX review..... http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=51326&upto=1

Also, check out a Lexmark printer if u want......http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=49837

Aryan Dude, Techtree is a GOOD site. Its got stuff to read. Thanks.

Epson catriges come with "head" too or just ink ?
And have those HP people released a new version of their AIO (all in one). ive been seing it around since over a year now.

Some more comments about the volume of ink/mileage and scan quality.

isnt lexmark the one that come with the color and black combo ink cartridge ? remember a friend of mine who got really pissed when he went to get a new cartrige when the black ink finished and they asked him 3k for a new one.. hehe

last time i had a canon s 200 .. very slow printing.. check out the speeds before choosing a printer

lol

Well I am seriously thinking about getting the HP print scan one. Any catches ? Bugs ? bad Idea ?
I got exactly 2 hours.

Back