Help in building PC for 30k max!!

Guyz, there is a change in overall budget, I got a call from SMC regarding unavailability of Gigabyte motherboard and in replace of it I can get Gigabyte GA-M880GM-Ud2H @4200/-. What should I do now, also the prices of ram has been increased to 1250/-.

jatin931 said:
Guyz, there is a change in overall budget, I got a call from SMC regarding unavailability of Gigabyte motherboard and in replace of it I can get Gigabyte GA-M880GM-Ud2H @4200/-. What should I do now, also the prices of ram has been increased to 1250/-.
Yup. RAM and panel prices will keep increasing for a while due to the Japanese quake resulting in supply shortage!!

Its up to you to decide whether you can afford to stretch in budget. Else you can get the Intel config locally and add a GPU later for gaming when the need arises.

Guyz, which will be better : AMD Athlon II X3 440 or AMD Phenom II X2 550, on GB 880 Motherboard. The price different is of Rs. 800, but Cache memory different is of around 6 MB.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, will the Gigabyte PSU will be enough for the above rig?

The Thermal Design Power (TDP) is the average maximum power a processor can dissipate while running commercially available software. TDP is primarily used as a guideline for manufacturers of thermal solutions (heatsinks/fans, etc) which tells them how much heat their solution should dissipate. TDP is not the maximum power the CPU may generate - there may be periods of time when the CPU dissipates more power than designed, in which case either the CPU temperature will rise closer to the maximum, or special CPU circuitry will activate and add idle cycles or reduce CPU frequency with the intent of reducing the amount of generated power.

TDP is usually 20% - 30% lower than the CPU maximum power dissipation.
Thermal Design Power (TDP)

Very old article with much older generation processors but may provide a rough idea to those who know lesser-
How does AMD define TDP?

“Thermal Design Power (TDP) is measured under the conditions of TCASE Max, IDD Max, and VDD=VID_VDD, and include all power dissipated on-die from VDD, VDDIO, VLDT, VTT, and VDDA.â€

This means that TDP, as defined by AMD, is measured at the maximum current the CPU can draw, at the default voltage, under the worst-case temperature conditions. This is the maximum power that the CPU can possibly dissipate. Intel, however, has a different definition.
How does Intel define TDP?

From the Intel Datasheet for Northwood CPUs:

“The numbers in this column reflect Intel’s recommended design point and are not indicative of the maximum power the processor can dissipate under worst case conditions.â€

And from Intel’s datasheet for Prescott CPUs:

“Thermal Design Power (TDP) should be used for processor thermal solution design targets. The TDP is not the maximum power that the processor can dissipate.â€
And the most telling quote of all, contained in both documents:

“Analysis indicates that real applications are unlikely to cause the processor to consume maximum power dissipation for sustained periods of time. Intel recommends that complete thermal solution designs target the Thermal Design Power (TDP) indicated in Table 26 instead of the maximum processor power consumption. The Thermal Monitor feature is intended to help protect the processor in the unlikely event that an application exceeds the TDP recommendation for a sustained period of time.
What this means is that Intel’s TDP is actually lower than the maximum power dissipation of the processor (and as you’ll see later, it can be significantly lower). This is in stark contrast to AMD’s TDP numbers, which are higher than the respective processor’s maximum power dissipation.

SOURCE: Athlon 64 for Quiet Power | silentpcreview.com

Just edited my requirement and budget.. Help me in choosing best product. Can increase the budget, but only if required. Will be using for office application like Microsoft office, abode reader, browsing, "Tally as server".

Will be upgrading in future with Solid State drive for reliability and performance, when the prices are reasonable (exclusive of the budget). The price above will include monitor too. Suggestion required for good monitor.

Also I require LAN Cable to be internally fitted. Which cable i should go for? And from where can I buy the cable in chandigarh? What will its price?

Thanks for reading and for reply...

I have decieded on the following rig:
Proc: I5-2500k
Motherboard : Intel DH67BL
Ram: Corsair 4GB DDR3, Value Ram 1333Mhz
Cabinet: CM Elite 334
Keyboard: Logitech Combo 320/520
DVD Writer: Sony

Hows the rig, I will be using Gigabyte 460W SMPS. I have confusion over Keyboard combo 320/520, 520 has Laser Mouse( Is it usefull ). Also Dealer has suggested me ASUS P8H67-V Motherboard for 8000, which one among the two will be better. Waiting for your suggestions.

'K' series is not necessary unless you need to OC. Also you need P67/Z68 to OC the 'K' series proccy.

Dont get a 8k H67 mobo if your requirements are satisfied by a 5k one! I would suggest the MSI H67MA-E35. Has all the bells and whistles and costs just 5k :)

DarkAngel said:
'K' series is not necessary unless you need to OC. Also you need P67/Z68 to OC the 'K' series proccy.
Dont get a 8k H67 mobo if your requirements are satisfied by a 5k one! I would suggest the MSI H67MA-E35. Has all the bells and whistles and costs just 5k :)
Thanks for the reply
I am not OC, but the 2500k has HD3000 while 2500 has HD2000 only. I will be playing for sometimes before shifting to the office department. Also I required DUAL Video, so suggesting either Intel one or ASUS one, since both have HDMI and DVI-D port. Also which one will be better INTEL or ASUS, more reliable and components. ASUS Bios looks good to me. Also I dont know after sales service of MSI. BTW Is MSI motherboard is reliable. Suggestions required...

Proc: Intel i5-2500 ~ 10.2k

Motherboard : MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 5k (This too has DVI and HDMI)

Ram: Corsair 4GB DDR3, Value Ram 1333Mhz ~ 2.1k

Cabinet: CM Elite 334 ~ 2k (NZXT Gamma ~ 2.2k if you can source it locally)

PSU: Gigabyte Superb 460 ~ 2k

Keyboard: Logitech Combo 320/520 ~ 1.2k

DVD Writer: Sony ~ 1k

Sapphire 512MB HD5670 GDDR5 ~ 4.4k (Much better for gaming! Sell it off when you dont need it. Enough for 720p gaming even for the latest games)

Total: 27.9k!

i would recommend Intel DH67BL 'cause intel offer best compatibility & stability.

buy Intel i5-2500k only if u don't want to invest in GPU and HD3000 worth Rs.~600 extra price.

Back