Graphic Cards help AVIVO vs Pure Video

Well, from the Betas we have seen of AVIVO in action, it seems out of this world!!! It supports enocding and decoding. And I have noticed that you have more than a passing interest in video encoding and stuff like that.

Avivo rocks when it comes to that. Usually the encoding process is done only by the CPU but with ATIU X1800 cards, the R510 core also helps in and it makes the job waaaaaaay faster.

But as far as I know, nvidia G70 GPUs do not support this.

Nikhil said:
Well, from the Betas we have seen of AVIVO in action, it seems out of this world!!! It supports enocding and decoding. And I have noticed that you have more than a passing interest in video encoding and stuff like that.

Avivo rocks when it comes to that. Usually the encoding process is done only by the CPU but with ATIU X1800 cards, the R510 core also helps in and it makes the job waaaaaaay faster.

But as far as I know, nvidia G70 GPUs do not support this.
well but i love gaming too....so its gotta be an X1800XT for me, no XL...cause the cheaper 7800GT would be better...

But like i posted elsewhere....I may be able to get both (lots of negotiations with dad still going on......):eek:hyeah:

Even an X1800XT would work beautifully!!! The Avivo software thingy is not limited to the AIW series. At least I think so.

Nikhil said:
Even an X1800XT would work beautifully!!! The Avivo software thingy is not limited to the AIW series. At least I think so.

I see we are finally on the right foot nikhil... good (cause you left one sure wasn't working well:bleh: )
Anyways I got a good idea of an nvidia vs ATI with the X800XT and 6800Gt, and wanna continue the same here.
ofcourse since I fixed on x1800xt I won't be able to afford a 7800GTX or 512 mb....but the 7800GT yes can do....

In case the X1800XT plays all games well then I can use the extra 25K on something else.....like maybe an Xfi to go with my zee 5500 dee...

hehehehe..... it is my right leg which is still out of commission :p

And yeah... if you can buy an X1800XT, then it would be awesome. It would eat up all games you can throw at it. and as for the difference between it and the 7800GTX, it is negligible.

Back