Got something new for myself

Vandal

Skilled
Vandy's been silent for quite long
1 shipment of stuff i ordered came in yesterday
Contains -

Sapphire X1800XT 512
1 GB DDR2 800 (512 x 2) OCZ gold

Some pics follow (shot with a digicam that came to us to test)

here's the card and the memory -

and here's the bundle -

And here is the best part - I was given a free gift to use (dunno whether I'll be able to keep this (but its been taken home) and awaits the weekend when I'll try swapping out my 7900GTX and trying this.
In case the pic wasn't clear cause I was excited, this card is an asus X1900XT crossfire edition.. I may get to keep this for good :eek:hyeah:
pic -

here's me holding the card (note the large hands :p )

in the background are 512x2 kingston ddr2 800 (they aren't mine) and the 1 gig ddr2 667 stick which also isn't mine.

edit - those pics are huge.. sorry didn't have time to crop them.. have scaled the size down though

congrats on the great stuff vandal

nowadays vandal posts pics quite often :hap2:

great work

btw pics look crappy

Rave, this is not a magazine to simply scan through pics :D

And I think the X1900 is his... let the vandal clarify anyway :D

RiO said:
Rave, this is not a magazine to simply scan through pics :D

And I think the X1900 is his... let the vandal clarify anyway :D

he said he got it as a test pc, so dunno if he will be able to keep it, though i know the x1800xt is his...

and yeah i didnt exactly scan through the pics, come on who can miss ruby in that asus card?

Rave said:
he said he got it as a test pc, so dunno if he will be able to keep it, though i know the x1800xt is his...

and yeah i didnt exactly scan through the pics, come on who can miss ruby in that asus card?

Well rave sorry to rain on that parade.. but the crossfire card is mine as well ;) like I said I was a good boy, and may get to keep it indefinitely...and I didn't get a rig.. only the card... rig is already mine...

Now the problem is i have 1 mobo PCI express, and three freakin cards!!!!! (925x sys is in jabalpur) :rofl: but i used these cards at office last night, they get really hot yaar... the 7900GTX is much better... at least it stays cool...

funny the X1800XT shows a max temp of 54 degrees only... could I have got a good binned part? the heatsink gets real hot...could my reading be wrong?

The X1900 gets hotter - 65 degrees.
The 7900GTX stays at 55~56 max...

@ I love the look of the ram uummm shiny :p

The X1900 reading is perfectly normal. Most of them run between 70-80 Degrees and that's nothin to worry about. The R580 core is designed to withstand those temps.

As for the X1800, is that Idle / Load temp. ?

I cannot use them yaar... too much work, and going home at 10 pm daily for the next week (issue close)....
anyways these are usage temps (3d mark 06 and a little 5 min of farcry...)
I was also surprised that temps could be so low, I though x1800's were high...

I am also about to buy one of those shiny new artic silver tubes from zhoppy here on TE.. will apply..btw the heatsinks are a b1tch to remove on all three cards...
the 4800+ is running at under 50 degrees :hap2: will also get AS5 treatment..

I plan to give my P4 3.6 machine to my GF soon. She also likes games (did I mention?)
horribly OT I know (she's been linked to this one too, and called to congratulate me last night at 2.00 am) :p

Now let some others drool over my modest acquisitions :bleh:

vandal said:
I cannot use them yaar... too much work, and going home at 10 pm daily for the next week (issue close)....
anyways these are usage temps (3d mark 06 and a little 5 min of farcry...)
I was also surprised that temps could be so low, I though x1800's were high...

I am also about to buy one of those shiny new artic silver tubes from zhoppy here on TE.. will apply..btw the heatsinks are a b1tch to remove on all three cards...
the 4800+ is running at under 50 degrees :hap2: will also get AS5 treatment..

I plan to give my P4 3.6 machine to my GF soon. She also likes games (did I mention?)
horribly OT I know (she's been linked to this one too, and called to congratulate me last night at 2.00 am) :p

Now let some others drool over my modest acquisitions :bleh:

well x1800xt runs hotter than x1900xt in genral, though idle temps of 52c is not suprising, load temps are what matters, if load temps are 54c then thats highly unlikely..

oh and removing the heatsink is pretty easy on these cards, max of 5 mins, u just need the small screw driver ;) and yes, apply As5 on it if you can, helps a lot

Rave said:
well x1800xt runs hotter than x1900xt in genral, though idle temps of 52c is not suprising, load temps are what matters, if load temps are 54c then thats highly unlikely..

oh and removing the heatsink is pretty easy on these cards, max of 5 mins, u just need the small screw driver ;) and yes, apply As5 on it if you can, helps a lot
Now since AS5 isn't conductive why can't I put a dab on each ram chip? There is conductive material sort of pad also... will AS5 hamper this??
And will removing the heatsink damage these strips?? I don't wanna damage em..

Back