Gaming rig for 40k without monitor

yuvi63

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
40K max.

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - Dell 23' full hd , speakers and other stuff i already have

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - AMD Phenom II 955be [Open to suggestions]

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
I may add more memory or space in future but thats it

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Delhi - Nehru Place
No online shopping

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
I like AMD

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
NFS Hp3 , shift2 and other future versions
Crysis , COD and other shooting games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - at the moment i play at 1280x1024 on my pc but i prefer the full hd on my ps3

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7

Ok

I have a Luminous 1kva ups , A creative 5.1ch setup , and a samsung 22'' monitor with simple vga port and a pc which i m not keeping so no use telling about it

yuvi63 said:
Ok

I have a Luminous 1kva ups , A creative 5.1ch setup , and a samsung 22'' monitor with simple vga port and a pc which i m not keeping so no use telling about it
in the above post you mention that you have a Dell monitor? :S

Yea i have both i play ps3 on the dell one and my pc is connected to the samsung and dell both and i want to connect this pc to the dell via dvi at 1080p

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10300

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 (B3 Revision) 5000

RAM Corsair Value DDR3 1333MHz CL9 2x2GB 2100

GPU MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II 14600

HDD Seagate 7200.12 500GB 1700

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Corsair VX550 4600

Keyboard Logitech Combo 700

Mouse

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 42050

You can buy all the above suggested components from SMC International which is located at nehru place...

Buy a good mouse like Logitech MX518 ~ 1200 after few days... :)

I am not sure that NZXT products are available anywhere in NP though they were on SMC's website a few monts back i m not sure about it now

I was thinking of 955be rather than intel which saves 4k which can be spent on the razer arctosa combo - 2.3k and upgrading the hdd to 1tb

955BE is going to get EOL'ed next month... And i5 2500 outperforms every AMD Phenom processors plus it consumes less power... And going with a Sandybridge platform would be good choice coz upcoming IvyBridge (22nm) processors would be backward compatible with LGA1155 motherboards... If you wanna build an AMD based rig only then i would advice you to wait coz on 11th June AMD is gonna release its 32nm Bulldozer processors...

I think i'd really like to wait cause i dont wanna spend over 10k on a processor

Well i always thought phenom was awesome for gaming compared to price we are paying for it and as it is gone really cheap now

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok this is my current config mention some upgrades that could enable me play games such as AC brotherhood , Crysis 2 etc. comfortably

Amd Phenom 2 550be

Gigabyte GA MA 785 GMUS2H

4gb ddr2 ram

2x1tb hdd

Vx 450

Cm 690 2 Adv

Msi HD 5750

and is it worth it

Wow. You have a good config. Thats why you should have mentioned this under current config of the template. Else people recommending will assume you have a insipid rig and recommend a new config!Have you tried to unlock the 550BE. You will transform it to a PhenomII X4 for free :p
IMO try that. Upgrade PSU and GPU and you are set!

My recommendations:
MSI HD6950 2GB GDDR5 ~ 15.5k
Corsair VX550 ~ 4.7k (or) Seasonic S12II 620w ~ 5k
Try to unlock your proccy or sell it and get a PhenomII X4 955BE ~ 6.5k

You should be able to get the above components from SMC Intl, NP. Mostly Seasonic might be unavailable in NP! You should get ~2.7k-3k for the 550BE and ~2.5k-2.7k for the VX450 if you sell if off (Assuming they are only ~18 months old)

Hey yuvi your current config is good and as the other member said add a hd6950 gpu and unlock your phenom x2, it will perform more or less equally to phenom 955be x4

@OP

Do not sell your current proccy try to unlock it instead... And as you have decided to wait for Bulldozer processors then i really dont think buying a processor now and selling it after one month and again upgrading makes sense... You can buy HD6950 along with VX550 now as DA suggested...you would be able to use these two componenets when you would upgrade to bulldozer...

I have tried to unlock it a few times before but failed

i have tried upgrading / downgrading bios everything but no luck

if anyone knows of a guide or anything please leave a link ill try that also

and thanks for all the replies ill checkout HD6950

Back