Gaming PC Configuration under 30k without Monitor, Cabinet

-Murali-

Disciple
Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 30K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor - Samsung 2233SW
2. Case - NZXT Gamma

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor - Samsung 2233SW
2. Case - NZXT Gamma

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Confused between NVIDIA and ATI and similarly Intel and AMD
460 GTX or 5770
2500k or 965

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Final, no upgrades until 2 years

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. Download rig, 24x7 operation
5. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No, but looking for some MSI components...

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Depends on my mood :p but everything and all at max settings.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1920 X 1080
2. Desktop - 1920 X 1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Probably in future but not now.

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Linux - Mint

^^ save up some cash, to get the following rig. It is going to be a tight as you want the latest of almost everything on such a tightrope budget, but here goes --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~ 12000/- Theitdepot - Intel Core I5-2500K 6MB 3.30GHz Processor
ASUS P8P67 ~ 10500/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!ASUS P8P67 B3 Revision LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard / ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8P67
Corsair VX 550W OR Cooler Master Silent Power Pro M600 ~ 5200/- OR 6000/- Theitdepot - Corsair 550W Power Supply (CMPSU-550VX) / Theitdepot - Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600W Power Supply (RS600-AMBAD3-EU)
Sapphire AMD HD 6950 2GB ~ 16500/- Theitdepot - Sapphire Radeon HD6950 2GB ATI PCI E Graphic Cards
G.Skill TRIDENT 1600 MHz 2 x 2GB kit CL-8 ~ 3000/- G-SKILL[ Trident ] PC3-12800 / DDR3 1600 Mhz/cl-8-8-8-24 (2Gx2)
DVD drive LG / Samsung OEM ~ 950/-

Will not recommend an AMD base rig as --
1) AMD current generation Phenom II processors are outclassed by Sandy-Bridge counter-parts in all realworld applications from gaming to heavy tasking like MAYA. AnandTech - Bench - CPU
2) Best option for you is to hold your purchase till July when AMD comes up with the Zambezi CPU's with the 990X / 970 chipset.
3) Anything below this configuration you'll find an immideate EoL factor kicking in and you'll need to upgrade rapidly which won't make sense in your case.
4) You better make up your mind on over-clocking the system or not. If you think you'll do it after year or so its not worth it to buy a Intel-k marked processor, neither an AMD Black edition.
5) If you want a nVidia card at the helm, get the nVidia GTX 560 Ti ~ 13500/- OR GTX 570 ~ 21000/- depending on budget. AnandTech - Bench - GPU11

Hope this helps, if you want another configuration -- check this out http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/techenclave-indian-technology-community-pc-buying-189195.html

Alpha17 has suggested you a very nice config... :)

But i would advice you to hold your purchase a bit... Gigabyte has released new X series boards... which are very feature rich... They manufactured these new boards after realising that Asus boards were offering more features at the same price point... Checkout the new P67X boards : GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155

The board that alpha has suggested is not a bad board... but Asus after sales service is bad in india...

Hades. said:
Alpha17 has suggested you a very nice config... :)

But i would advice you to hold your purchase a bit... Gigabyte has released new X series boards... which are very feature rich... They manufactured these new boards after realising that Asus boards were offering more features at the same price point... Checkout the new P67X boards : GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155

The board that alpha has suggested is not a bad board... but Asus after sales service is bad in india...
Hades here is something other members of TE have to say on this issue http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/best-p67-motherboard-189983-2.html#post1805045 read from Post #15.

ALPHA17 said:
Hades here is something other members of TE have to say on this issue http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/best-p67-motherboard-189983-2.html#post1805045 read from Post #15.
I dont know why did you give me that link :S... i am not telling OP to buy a board with 6 Sata ports... i am suggesting OP to wait for the P67X boards to launch in india which comes with 8 SATA ports... And yes what Lord Nemesis pointed out in that thread is indeed true... We can't expect best after sales service from any manufacturer in India coz this aint U.S where a person can sue a company if he/she gets bad after sales service... And in India people dont even like to get involved in stuff like that coz in India case files comes out even after the person who filed a case against a company is dead... "Justice" is a joke in India...

^^ No it was just to identify that the choice isin't always straight forward.

Like currently one of my friends is having issues with the RMA of his GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard, the company is refusing to replace it and refurbishing the product is not helping. Even tried to contact the Gigabyte rep here on TE but has not responded me for 3 weeks so you can understand the state of good or bad RMA. Cheerio.

^^ Even i had a bad experience in RMAing my H55M-S2H board... See the experience i had in RMAing my board (in your case the MSI GPU) we can't say that everybody would have a bad experience in RMAing their Gigabyte boards or GPU...some people get good service some people get bad service in our case we got bad service from those companies which are famous for their A.S.S... Hey But its advisable to buy a motherboard from a company which has good (or bad) A.S.S instead of a company who has worst A.S.S in India...

thanks for config...mostly i'l buy in month of june and maybe i can extend my budget to 35k...i need to buy as my current pc died...and iam on laptop.....

-Murali- said:
thanks for config...mostly i'l buy in month of june and maybe i can extend my budget to 35k...i need to buy as my current pc died...and iam on laptop.....
Just bump this thread in the month of june as you would be having more options by then... And IMO a best month to build a rig ;)

yeah...actually i'l be buying in the first week of June so iam planning from now only so that i would get some time for checking about each hardware ;)..

Hey, I am not very much aware about the motherboards people are talking here. But I would like to give you an option you might look into. Assuming you are buying primarily for gaming purposes , you'll need a good GPU. The problem is highend graphics cards are pretty expensive. So what you can do is buy a SLI/crossfire based Motherboard and club two mid range graphics cards. If in future you need then upgrade them or either. I believe there are technologies in place that do not require you to have identical cards on SLI/crossfire .check out the prices of SLI/crossfire based motherboard, they used to be a bit high when i bought my PC.

^^ SLi and CrossFire have lost value since --

1) now most mid-range cards can stably handle most current and next generation games on HD with a decent level of eye-candy,

2) if you don't CrossFire OR SLi within six months of purchase the next generation of cards come out with better thermal and power stats along with better cores thereby making most deals sour grapes,

3) the power consumption and heat generation in the case of a multi-GPU setup is something I don't prefer,

4) the AMD + nVidia Hybrid CrossFire / SLi configuration is by Lucid and its called the Hydra, power consumption is massive + only offered by MSi in its Big Bang series motherboards. For more on the same -- AnandTech - Lucid Hydra 200: Vendor Agnostic Multi-GPU, Available in 30 Days,

5) also to enjoy the full potential of a multi-GPU set-up we'll need to over-clock the CPU to remove any over-heads causing the frames to cap after a certain limit due to CPU limitations, also on a standard 60 Hz LCD you won't see a difference after you cross~ 60 fps

6) the current prices for a decent CrossFire board ~ 9500/- and for SLi / CrossFire board from Intel stables ~ 13000/-. On AMD's side we only have CrossFire boards start ~ 7500/-, the next chipset 990X will come with native SLi support so its like the good old days, nVidia 5xx chipsets (c. 2005 - 07) which were AMD exclusives and it was a good combo AMD dual Core Athlon-FX + nVidia 6xxx series cards.

In the I conclude until you are a real power user, not to go for a multi-GPU set-up due to its multitude of complexities as well as in today's day and age where a single mid-range card ~ AMD HD 6850 can play most games with all the eye-candy set to high and on HD I doubt it is pretty useless to SLi / CrossFire if all you want to smoke your money OR parent's hard earned money to show off and not over-clock and break new limits. Hope this wasn't rude.

yeah...iam not into SLI/Crossfire as once i buy these components i can't ask for anything till 2 years except 1hdd every year...so i'l b investing only now and want to get the maximum out of it so it would last for atleast 2 years....

Back