FS: Sbt-rdit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Product Name : Silicon Image Ultra ATA 100/133 IDE RAID PCI Host Controller Card

Description :
This card is stand-alone Ultra 100/133 PCI to IDE/ATA host controller is the perfect single chip solution for designs based on chipsets without an integrated IDE host controller or designs which need to expand the number of IDE channels to accommodate the growing number of storage peripherals with IDE interface.

This card is a PCI 2-channel Ultra ATA/133 IDE host controller based on SILICON IMAGE, with optional RAID 0, 1/0+1 function.

Any system with a PCI bus interface can simply add the Ultra 100/133 IDE/ATA interface by adding a card with the PCI card and loading the driver into the system.
Features :
Achieves High-Speed data Transfer Rates up to 133/100MB/sec
Internal 32 bit PCI Card
ADD 2 Ultra ATA 133/100 ports
Supports Ultra ATA 133/100/66/33, EIDE/Fast ATA 2 IDE & ATAPI Devices
Coexists with on board IDE ports and connects up to 4 IDE/ATAPI Devices
Specifications :
Silicon Image chipset
2 independent IDE/ATA channels
Supports up to 4 IDE/ATA devices
Supports ultra and multiword DAM timing modes
CRC (Cyclical Redundancy Check)
128 bytes buffer
Built in 80-pin cable detect circuitry
Supports External BIOS
Supports bus master DMA at 133 MB/sec PCI burst rate
Supports maximum IDE/ATA data transfer rate of 66 MB/sec (100MB/sec)
3.3V Operating Voltage with 5V tolerant I/O
General :
PCI Specification Revision 2.2 compliant
ATA/ATAPI-6, UDMA6 ATA/133 compliant
Maximum data transfer rate: 133MB/sec
Automatic performance tuning for each device attached
Fully backwards compatible with Ultra ATA/100, Ultra ATA/66, Ultra ATA/33, EIDE/Fast ATA-2, IDE and ATAPI devices
2-channel IDE interface supporting 4 IDE devices, co-exist with on-board IDE interface
Raid Function :
Supports software RAID 0 (striped), RAID 1 (mirror), and RAID 0+1
Supports co-exist RAID set and Non-RAID HDD
Allows HDDs with different sizes to be configured in a RAID set
Adjustable stripe size for RAID 0 and 0+1
Supported Devices :
Hard Drives, ATAPI CDROM, DVD ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, LS-120, MO, Tape and ZIP devices
Requirements :

IBM Compatible PC
Available PCI slot
Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP
Linux
Retail Package Content :

PCI Ultra ATA 100/133 IDE Card
1 x 40pin 80 conductor Ultra ATA 100/133 cable
Installation CD-ROM
User's Manual

Expected price Rs. 800/- bought for $25 Newegg, so no warranty, the card works fine, just upgraded to a mothernoard with SATA and have no use for it.

^^No need of drivers for that... it'll autodetect. Speeds however will be limited by available pci bandwidth.

^^If there's a way to set it to IDE emulation, there's no need. Atleast the SIL 3114 sata controller didn't require drivers for me.

Ahhh, yup the SIL 3114 sata controller is different, this requires drivers to be installed, I learnt a technique from MSFN - Where People Go To Know and created a Bootable disk that would recognise it and allow me to directly install to hard drive on that controller, would be willing to help anyone who would be interested in doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back