From the US - XPS 15 vs Lenovo Y460/560p vs Vostro 3450!!!

vizmax

Disciple
Hey guys,

Looking to get a Laptop soon from the US.. Have to order soon and I am confused between a few models (You are free to confuse me More..)

Requirements : i5 Sandy Bridge, 4GB+ RAM, 14/15 " HD Display (720p would do), GPU(optional but would love to have one).

Brand Preferences : Dell, Lenovo.. and may be Toshiba.. Avoid other Brands and in any case big NO to HP, Sony, Acer, MSI, Asus.

Please suggest a decent laptop model with build quality / performance / value for money etc.. considered..

What I have seen so far : Dell XPS 15, Dell Vostro 3450, Lenovo Y460p/560p

Budget : $800 ( Can stretch a little but that would be difficult.. )

I spend most of my time in front of the laptop.. So need a good display. All I do is watch movies/shows, browsing, small time programming.. And occasionally play games, photoshop etc.

XPS 15 looks a lil costly.. Anyways, thanks for your opinion! Any views on the Vostro 3450?

The specs of the Vostro are pretty bad. Only i3 & max 3GB RAM. Highly not recommended. Adding i5 & better GPU easily exceeds your budget.

XPS15 is a great laptop hence costlier. Try to get the full HD screen if you plan to buy the XPS15.

Still Hard to Decide.. Please Help Guys..

1) Lenovo y460p has extremely good price... About $915 with Tax for an i7, 8G Ram, 1G GPU, BluRay -- - The i5 configs just 5$ less so makes no sense.

2) Unable to get a good config - pricing with XPS 15... From reviews online people stand against normal display and ask to go for the $150 upgrade to Full HD. So I am not comfortable with normal display. Hence with that upgrade and a backlit keyboard, i7, 6G RAM, BluRay comes to about $1150 with Tax and similar i5 without BluRay comes to about $1000..

Please help me choose a good config on either of the models which gives good value for money..

Back