FS: RAM *** FOR TRADE *** Corsair Vengeance 8GB x4 (=32Gb) 3000MHz with 16Gb x2 RAM

Bump, I am still looking for a trade, I can personally visit to swap the RAM sticks if it's in Delhi or around Delhi.

IMG20220606191251.jpg
ss.jpg

I was in a similar situation when I had an A320 mobo with only 2 RAM slots and 2x8GB sticks. I wanted to upgrade to 32GB. Fortunately I had a friend who was building a new PC with only 16GB RAM so I told him to buy 2x16GB instead and I'll pay the difference/agreed amount and would trade my 2x8GB with him.

Since then I upgraded to B450 with 4 DIMM slots due to an unfortunate BIOS corruption on my A320 and I have an upgrade path to 64GB now.

My suggestion is to sell the sticks to someone instead of trading as it'll be hard to convince people they need 32GB RAM for a smooth PC experience. People still think 16GB is fine (it might be for them) but once almost all pagefile I/O is gone the PC is very smooth.

1654863351544.png

Windows does use more RAM even if you aren't using it. If it's not available this "Standby" portion of memory is dumped in the pagefile and reloaded when programs are loaded again.

So, sell it and as soon as you sell one pair you can at least buy 2x16GB sticks and then sell the other pair.

1654969953383.png

@enthusiast29 This is my current usage with chrome running with around 16 tabs. I want to know what you're doing? I bought 32GB just because; but I can't really find a use for them. I guess it depends on what the person is actually with their pc.

View attachment 136363

@enthusiast29 This is my current usage with chrome running with around 16 tabs. I want to know what you're doing? I bought 32GB just because; but I can't really find a use for them. I guess it depends on what the person is actually with their pc.
Well now we're discussing on a sale thread but OK this can be moved later...

So yours must be a fresh boot right now. See the usage on windows rises as you keep using applications. Say if you launch a game or some other heavy application when you close it then the data stays in standby portion of the RAM so the next time you use it, it opens fast and doesn't load from the disk.

I generally use my PC for web browsing, virtual machines and games. Some occasional compression/decompression work. I never close the browser, ever unless a reboot is required by an update and keep my PC on 24x7 and when I don't use it I keep it on sleep mode so my RAM standby usage is more and my applications are almost always in memory ready.

Last edited:
I was in a similar situation when I had an A320 mobo with only 2 RAM slots and 2x8GB sticks. I wanted to upgrade to 32GB. Fortunately I had a friend who was building a new PC with only 16GB RAM so I told him to buy 2x16GB instead and I'll pay the difference/agreed amount and would trade my 2x8GB with him.
No such luck.

My suggestion is to sell the sticks to someone instead of trading as it'll be hard to convince people they need 32GB RAM for a smooth PC experience.
I had the same thing in my mind.

People still think 16GB is fine (it might be for them) but once almost all pagefile I/O is gone the PC is very smooth.

View attachment 136262

Windows does use more RAM even if you aren't using it. If it's not available this "Standby" portion of memory is dumped in the pagefile and reloaded when programs are loaded again.

So, sell it and as soon as you sell one pair you can at least buy 2x16GB sticks and then sell the other pair.
If the page file is on the SSD then it wont make a very big difference unless you are using very big programs.

My main purpose to get 16Gb x2 is that I have some use case when I require more than 32gb of ram, I have 8Gb x2 ram in my brothers PC and when I require more ram I can just swap those 16gigs in my system but it is only possible if I have 2x slots empty.

Although adding and removing RAM is not the most convenient (also not advisable) thing to do.
I have also planned 64GB by the end of this year or early next year but till then I'll look to get 16GB x2 and add 8Gb x2 to my system whenever required.

View attachment 136363

If you want to swap your 16Gb x2 with 8Gb x2 + cash then please PM, I can sell the remaining 8Gb x2 to someone else.

Back