FEAR Demo Problem

Aditya

Skilled
Guys, when i try to start playing FEAR Demo i get this error

error6oe.jpg

What should i do? Any idea?

Thanks. :(
(Didnt use Thumbnail code as its small anyways)

What is the current system time showing as? Sometimes if the battery on your mobo is dead, the time will display as 01-01-1980 or some such thing, which most software recognize as invalid. You will need to replace the button cell on your mobo in that case.

Or you might not have configured your system timings, configure the correct date and year and let it calibarate with MS Servers...

Its probably cos of dual core. Its a clock mismatch between the two cores. If possible, try disabling one of the cores and check or force the game to use one single core only!

To load uniprocessor kernel image:

Open boot.ini

and in the line saying ....."Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect , change the line so it says

..."Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /kernel=ntoskrnl.exe /hal=halaacpi.dll

Just for safety, do not change the existing line, rather copy it to the line below and modify the copy.

The question now is: where do u get ntoskrnl.exe and halaacpi.dll from?

Well if u have SP2 available (I mean the service pack itself, not the slipstream) open it with say winzip, go into the i386 folder (only folder there is), and extract the files ntoskrnl.ex_ and halaacpi.dl_ to the \windows\system32 folder and rename them to ntoskrnl.exe and halaacpi.dll respectively. If these files already exist then rename them to ntoskrnl2.exe etc and modify boot.ini accordingly.

Remember, only extract from SP2 if ur system has SP2 installed. If u have SP! installed then extract from SP1. And if u have no service packs installed, then look on the install CD.

Yeah, forgot to mention that, u need to expand, not just rename, unless u use winzip... better to use expand.

It is not dangerous. Remember to keep the first entry intact. So if ur PC don't boot, just use the regular entry...

I can easily mail u the files u need, but I don't think that is legal..... still, why not PM me so I can try helping you?

Or simpler yet:

modify ur boot.ini

create a copy of the boot entry on to the next line just to be safe.

Now just add the following switch: /ONECPU

So ur new entry shud look somethin like:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /onecpu

(I don't know if u have noexecute or whatever, just copy the existing line)

To easily edit the boot.ini just right click on my computer>properties>advanced>startup and..>edit

Back