Facing the famous Cooler level bug in FarCry

jai

Disciple
At the end of the Cooler level in FarCry, when you have to save Val from the two Trigens to end the level I am facing the famous bug that I have seen reported with nearly no working solution.

It is like this. I open the door and Val is ready to face the trigens, but there are no trigens to save her from! Unless I kill the trigens the level will not end, but how can I kill something that is not there? Someone had mentioned that he tried killing Val instead and it worked, but I tried the same thing and I just got kicked out to the main menu.

If I use the cheat and load the next level, I am having more problems. There is no radar available, no binocs, no CryVision, etc which I cannot get anywhere on this level.

Someone suggested that I replay the entire Cooler level from the beginniing, since that seems to solve the problem but that didn't work either.

Anyone here faced the same problem? Any solutions that I have missed?

EDIT: I am using FarCry with the 1.3 patch installed.

hmm, I played farcry without any problem, may be I can give you my savefiles, but thats possible only after my net starts working again, let me know :D

i am getting color problems with the game... I have a 6800 GT and Detonator 71.84 with no patches for the game... Other games run just fine but this has some stupid color problem... whereever i move the color of that place turns black...

Switch, that is a known problem i believe, rendering is almost 0 with nvidia cards, thats why u need to patch it to the latest version which can be done only if u have a legit copy :)

PS: Remind me to buy the game the next time we have a chat, dont forget.. :)

Ah, thanks for the help guys. I found the solution. Seems that you have to play through the Cooler level in one go (i.e., no re-start of FarCry in between, doesn't matter if you die though). Just did that and lo and behold, I am now on the "Boat" level, jsut after the effing Cooler level.

@Switch, I have never faced the same problem with the color turning black. All colors are exactly how they are supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back