Experience with online purchase from Croma [Developing story]

rahuljawale

Patron
I lost my set of Jabra Elite Active 75t recently so I was in the market for buying a replacement. Saw a good deal on Croma's app for Elite Active 7 and went for it. Apart from a few glitches in their payment gateway, the purchase experience was smooth. The item was delivered through Blue Dart within promised date.

After opening the package I noticed that the product was over a year old. The date of manufacturing showed May 2022 while the date of import was July 2022. I should have returned the package without opening it but I thought of giving it a chance. I opened the box eagerly but with a dash of skepticism. And within few minutes of opening the box, I discovered that my skepticism wasn't completely irrational. The unit delivered to me was from the same batch of defective Jabras that came with dead left earbud.

I tried everything, charging the earbuds and the case to full, resetting case, resetting earbuds, but nothing revived the left earbud. It is likely that Croma has an old stock of earbuds, so there was a risk of getting an old replacement unit from the same stock. So I decided to return the earbuds and raised a return on their app. I was waiting for a confirmation telling me that a reverse courier pickup will be arranged, but instead, I get a call and a non-descript email asking me to visit Service Center or nearest Croma store to obtain a jobsheet. While I understand what a jobsheet is, I don't understand need for it. If I had to visit store, then I wouldn't have bought the item online. I have responded to their email stating the same. I don't have much hope that the process will be smoother even after I visit the store, because I still don't know what the entire return process looks like.

My verdict, don't buy from Croma Online store.

Update1
I visited nearest Croma store (8 km in Hyderabad traffic :| ). Their staff ran the same diagnostics as I did at home. In the end I was given copy of a jobsheet and was told to take the product home. The product will be picked up from home address :facepalm:

Last edited:
It is sad that Croma didn't give replacement/refund.

I've heard good things about Jabra RMA, they even replace earbuds with low battery life with brand new units. Moreover, your product is in a defective batch, so the process might be smoother. Try contacting Jabra RMA. It will be much better as compared to trying to get a resolution from Croma. Goodluck.

Thank you @john1911 for the suggestion! I will contact Jabra RMA if Croma does not arrange a reverse pick up! :fingers-crossed:
Yes, Jabra RMA is indeed very good.
It's handled by a third party, proconnect(Redington).

A couple of years back I had raised RMA request via email for my elite 65t with low battery issue.
They took all the details via email/no questions asked/no diagnosis made and they directed me to the following store in Himayat Nagar,
where they collected the old ear buds and provided a new pair along with the case.
WhatNot Store.

Sure I've seen a seller with that name on Amazon.

Memorable name :)
IIRC they are looking at their inventory and re-directing to their authorized distribution network/stores to handle the replacements.
Coz I remember the store not having the same color and Proconnect offered to arrange from another Redington distributor on the other end of the city.

Back