Evaluate quote for PC

shrjun

Disciple
[attachment=8031:14254.attach]

Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

AOC screen TFT15W60PS

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Suggestions required

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Secunderabad - will require assembly by a professional/Willing to buy a few components online if I get a good price!

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

None.Should not conk off intermittently!

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
None

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Don't want the monitor now

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Is this a decent quote for a desktop that will be used as a primary PC?
Additionally I would want

1. TV tuner card for tatasky sd box.
2. UPS
4. Serial No 8 - Rs.9450 is for a blu ray drive
5. Apparently having usb 3.0 ports would cost me Rs.17000/- :S(are they that costly?)
6. Capability to wirelessly connect to the net and my WDTV Live media player - will be getting a WIMAX BSNL connection with outdoor CPE soon.I have an old router - is it possible to connect WIMAX CPE - wifi router - desktop/WDTV Live.Any other solutions?
7. Would also be connected to my Audioengine A5 via Nuforce udac DAC

Attachments

• computer quotation .jpg
    computer quotation .jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 200
prices are ok try swetha computers and vandana computers opp. arun computers for better prices..........

apparently usb 3 mere adds another 2k on ur budget its 17k because of quad core

for better advice post in buying section with proper format, budget and your usage :)

Well,I've edited my post as per forum rules.Suggestions are welcome.
I would be grateful if every component of the PC is enumerated.

^he meant dont go for the cooler master power supplies as most of them are not that great (mostly the eXtreme power range)

im a victim of them too but that story is for another day

get a corsair or a seasonic supply and u will be a happy guy :)

Cooler master real power series is the best build quality amongst other cooler master series psus. Extreme series is the cheapest offering from Coolermaster which are less efficient and build quality is also not up to the mark. Also, the ampere rate on +12 volt rail is low. Its most important when you add a gfx card.

if you are interested in i5 2500k, go for Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R/Asus P8P67 B3 revision which will cost around ~9.5K

PSU will depend on your choice of graphics card. Mention your budget for GPU as well.

Instead of Cooler master you may be better with NZXT gamma cabinet, rest looks ok.

vivacious_tg said:
if you are interested in i5 2500k, go for Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R/Asus P8P67 B3 revision which will cost around ~9.5K
PSU will depend on your choice of graphics card. Mention your budget for GPU as well.
Instead of Cooler master you may be better with NZXT gamma cabinet, rest looks ok.
So the final config would look like
1. Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R/Asus P8P67 B3 - are they both comparable - any advantages of picking one over the other?
2. Processor - i5 2500K
3. Ram - Any particular company?
4. HDD - Storage is not an issue as I have plenty of external HDDs.Would having a single small SSD improve WEI?Suggestions on brand/feasibility?
5. Cabinet - NZXT Gamma
6. DVD R-W - Should I have any preferences?
7. OS - Would like to go original
8. PSU - Don't want to go minimal in this aspect as my locality has innumerable power cuts.Do I need an external UPS also ? My entire house is on a Microtek sinewave invertor Model 850SEBz.
9. GPU - Would like to go minimal on this aspect.

Slightly at a loss with respect to the connectivity options available on the above setup!Could I be enlightened please on availability of USB ports/internet connectivity connection to existing monitor.

@shrjun: In your first post, you mentioned that you are not going to overclock and then you had decided to go for i5 2500k. Not overclocking and going for 2500k does not make any sense. Anyways, below are my 2 cents:
Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10200
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H (B3) 7800
RAM Gskill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (4Gx2) 8GB 1333 Mhz 5050
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2200
PSU CORSAIR VX550 4900
GPU Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB 7245
DVDR-W SONY SATA Box 1100
Total 38495

vicks_virgo said:
@shrjun: In your first post, you mentioned that you are not going to overclock and then you had decided to go for i5 2500k. Not overclocking and going for 2500k does not make any sense.
Okay,am quite the newbie when it comes to computer hardware.I just wanted a system which uses the latest processor!You r welcome to suggest similar processors and mobos:).

Back