EBay announces support for Firefox for its eBay Picture Manager

alex

Disciple
On May 18th, 2005 eBay announced support for FireFox for its eBay Picture Manager.

eBay users and sellers (like myself) hope they continue doing this for all of eBay. eBay was a big fan of ActiveX for many seller functions. eBay discussion boards were filled with threads from many sellers begging them to be allow Firefox users to use more seller functions.

Hi…I'm John Bodine, and I'm the product marketing manager for eBay's Picture Manager.

We launched Picture Manager back in August of 2004 to be eBay's fully integrated online picture-hosting solution. While eBay's Picture Services allows sellers to put up photos for individual listings, Picture Manager lets you manage all your photos from one convenient area in My eBay and subscribers are able to include up to 12 pictures per listing with no per-picture fees.

I'm pleased that this week we're making some changes that will make Picture Manager even more convenient.

The enhancements to Picture Manager include:

* One-step upload and insert into the Sell Your Item form – Previously members needed to first upload a picture to Picture Manager and then insert it (as a separate step) into the listing they were creating. Now, when you add a picture to Picture Manager while you are listing your item in the Sell Your Item (SYI) , the picture is automatically added to that listing . You save a whole step!
* Ability to track pictures in active listings – Now you'll be able to identify which of your hosted pictures are being used in active listings.
* Faster display – We've optimized how we handle thumbnail pictures, so they'll display faster than before.
* Support for new Web browsers – We have updated support for many Web browsers including the increasingly popular Firefox.
* More user-friendly design – We've made uploading, editing, and renaming pictures in Picture Manager easier. We've also reduced the number of mouse clicks needed to accomplish these tasks.

You can access Picture Manager from within My eBay. To learn more about Picture Manager or to subscribe, please visit our Picture Manager pages.

John Bodine
Product Marketing Manager

from www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200505181716522.html

Back