Easy entry into the US. Why slog and pay exorbitant fees for US college degrees or visas when this way is cheaper?

> They are if they can secure work visas. There was a time when my passport said all countries except south africa.

Yeah, 'if' they can secure work visas. Unlike massive hordes of people those entered USA, majority of them are not even educated. /s
When Indians won't be even given open lottery unlike those same countries.
Only highly educated Indians should apply.
That is "Who want to leave vs. who could".
But if people are willing to live like 3rd class citizens then where is the distinction? No educated person would choose to be so in a foreign country unless war ravaged. That is my counter to who could but not willing.
> People vote with their feet. Since you are following remittance flows.

Applies to every state in India and most states with educated people have massive migration unlike lower educated ones. Uneducated ones are massive group of internal migrants, also doing lowest of low jobs outside India. Remittances flow in very diverse ways, both from foreign countries and within.
They make up less than 5% compared with the total.

It's not so easy to leave your native even within India. Language is used as a barrier. To prevent those that cannot speak from entering and those that don't know other languages from leaving.

> But if people are willing to live like 3rd class citizens then where is the distinction?

Distinction very much is that 3rd class citizens from India can at least aspire to live like 2nd class or 1st class citizens in developed countries, or at least get to experience it there. Locally, they may not even have any hope.
Reason why people from certain so called well to do states spent millions to get into donkey flights crossing continents.
Just like you have your own estimation of the given situation, they do have their own...

> No educated person would choose to be so in a foreign country unless war ravaged. That is my counter to who could but not willing.

Jeez... That is why it is mostly IITians those who are looking to jump the ship given the meekest first chance.
Why am I even in this discussion :)

> They make up less than 5% compared with the total.

In numbers terms that is huge, though it looks low percentage wise.

> It's not so easy to leave your native even within India. Language is used as a barrier.

Language is not used as a barrier, it is a barrier.
So is racial and cultural acceptance. Not just in India, everywhere.

> To prevent those that cannot speak from entering and those that don't know other languages from leaving.
Still, it does not stop massive number of people from trying and leaving everyday. That is how humans work.

Last edited:
Back