Download Limit

tryst

Disciple
Hi,
I am currently using BSNL Business 5000 plan corporate connection which has the facility of multiusers.The download limit 0f 35GB getting exceeded and there is a huge monthly bill.Is it possible to monitor individual ip addresses at the users end to identify individual download volume of a particular user.Please suggest.

Thanks

yaaa why not dear...u can moniter all ur data .and a single pc too...at ur BSNL website u r able to check ur total use of ur data...but if u want to check all single single useg detail ..then u have to install some software ...like others said...i think DU meter , then u can even limit ur data ...try google too .bbyeee

Aman27deep said:
yeah dude,
go here:

http://10.240.144.195/webLogin.jsp

to check ur bandwidth used, and do this often enough

harry_sood1 said:
yaaa why not dear...u can moniter all ur data .and a single pc too...at ur BSNL website u r able to check ur total use of ur data...but if u want to check all single single useg detail ..then u have to install some software ...like others said...i think DU meter , then u can even limit ur data ...try google too .bbyeee
cyrux said:
^^ Please don't be in a haste to reply

I think there are networking monitoring softwares that do that. Look for them

cyrux is rite. What he wants is data usage frm his internal network. Not his total usage.

There is no simple way, since mostly your modem itself is a gateway.

To monitor ur users, u will have to set up a system which will act as a proxy server. Either u can use the proxy auditing tools or just use a network sniffer to c who is increasing ur bills :p

If you are willing to setup a seperate system.. let me know.. i can help u configure it..:hap2:

Back