Dell USA declining my Credit card

poseidon

Disciple
Hi, I am trying to order Dell Streak using aramex but my credit card has been declined 2 times now, Dell takes the order, send me the order numebr and after 3 days when I check the status, it says order cancelled, Dell representative is telling me that for some reason it was declined by the bank/Mastercard.

I have a platinum Mastercard from HDFC and have made numerous international purchases from it, What options I have now ?

PS - apologize if this is wrong section, couldn't found any appropriate forum for ths, + this is about dell streak

Well , check with the cux care once again . Its to avoid the credit card scam . There are some companies which are now following the rule that the card has to be from the same location .

nehaladsul said:
For Visa cards, they have this Verified by Visa (VbV). I dunno about Mastercards but I guess that might be a problem.
mastercards and visa both r on the same platform VBV(verified by visa) . it applies to both of them

@OP: may be ur CC limit reached or i dont know wat cud be the reason or try netsafe card

connect said:
mastercards and visa both r on the same platform VBV(verified by visa) . it applies to both of them

@OP: may be ur CC limit reached or i dont know wat cud be the reason or try netsafe card
UH, NO. Mastercard is a completely different platform from Visa. Verified by Visa only applies to, obviously Visa.

Konquerror said:
For Visa Card, it's Verified by Visa and for Master Card, it's MasterCard Secure Code...AFAIK...
Yeah... I have heard that before... I recollected now when you said it...

But I dunno about Mastercard as I have Visa and Maestro (But isn't Maestro from Mastercard??)... :S

Back