Budget 41-50k Dell inspiron 14r special edition versus Dell inspiron 15r special edition

har777

Recruit
Dell inspiron 14r special edition versus Dell inspiron 15r special edition.
Please tell me whether the gt640m is better than the radeon 7730m.

how does having 2GB of graphics enhance my graphics experience?

More vRAM helps at higher resolution (>1080p) and especially in 3D gaming. But the card should be fast enough to handle it. 640M isn't really that fast utilise 2GB.

The 640M isn't really that fast utilize 2GB. So go for 6xxx or 7xxx series in AMD, Because AMD series is the best one to utilize 2GB.

What makes AMD "series" "best" to utilise 2GB ? :no2: Both can't. For utlising full 2GB, you need at least ~680M, still its doubtable. Except for multimonitor solution, or SLI setups, 2GB remains unused. Just check out gtx670 reviews, you'll get to know the reality.

GTX670 is a desktop card mate :yawn: I just mentioned it for comparison purpose. If you want a ~gtx670 level laptop, you will have to target at least gtx690M, which is not launched till date AFAIK.

2gb won't get fully used by 640m level cards. But @JuGGa you need not have quoted the gtx670 ;). That's a baap. It will take most games a hell lot of pain to even to use up 1gb on that card. Multi-monitor full hd setup and some helluva games like Alan Wake or Just Cause 2 will be the recipe for upper mid level cards to get stressed to the hilt (and that does not mean the memory).

Last edited by a moderator:
2gb won't get fully used by 640m level cards. But @JuGGa you need not have quoted the gtx670 ;). That's a baap. It will take most games a hell lot of pain to even to use up 1gb on that card. Multi-monitor full hd setup and some helluva games like Alan Wake or Just Cause 2 will be the recipe for upper mid level cards to get stressed to the hilt (and that does not mean the memory).

Jab log bete se nahi samajhte, tab baap ko laana padta hai :flex:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back