Dell EPP??

Jasku

Skilled
Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy the Dell XPS 15, was wondering if Dell EPP still exists, if so any Dell employees at TE willing to help me out, pls PM me.

Thanks!

How much dicount do the dell employees get?? You can always use discount coupons to get upto $100 + free shipping on XPS 15 if you are getting it from US.

8%???...earlier employees to get it 50% discount iirc!...8% I am not sure is worth the effort!!

@ravi- wanna get the i7-2630, 6GB, GTS540, Full HD screen...came upto 70k on Dell's site.

no way 50%...
that may be some old models for quick sale out that they must have offered 50% but not all across Dell.
And if you are buying from Dell India... I doubt you can get any discounts or any coupons :(
And if you are going for such a top end config I reccon you get it from US if you can. That can cost you approx 20-25k less than in India...
Again Indian warranty, service and blah blah blah things can be debated.... But I think reliability is key point when you go for branded things.
You can see the config I ordered http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-buying-advice/please-suggest-laptop-usb-3-0-a-190394.html
The diff was almost 20k in US and India... had to wait for 2 months to wait for someone to get this for me.. but at the end its worth.....

onlyravi said:
no way 50%...

that may be some old models for quick sale out that they must have offered 50% but not all across Dell.

And if you are buying from Dell India... I doubt you can get any discounts or any coupons :(

And if you are going for such a top end config I reccon you get it from US if you can. That can cost you approx 20-25k less than in India...

Again Indian warranty, service and blah blah blah things can be debated.... But I think reliability is key point when you go for branded things.

You can see the config I ordered http://www.techenclave.com/laptop-buying-advice/please-suggest-laptop-usb-3-0-a-190394.html

The diff was almost 20k in US and India... had to wait for 2 months to wait for someone to get this for me.. but at the end its worth.....

I agree, its cheaper from the states, but inconveniencing a friend is my concern, ill have to check. But again if any Dell employees can clarify, then it would make my decision that much simpler!

EPP is 8 %.

Its best when you take lappy above 45k.

Dont expect huge discount in Inspiron & other basic series. If you have plans to take XPS or Alienware then bother to find an employee & ask for EPP.

Bill comes on Employees name, You need to transfer to your name, may be after 1 year.,

Praks said:
EPP is 8 %.

Its best when you take lappy above 45k.

Dont expect huge discount in Inspiron & other basic series. If you have plans to take XPS or Alienware then bother to find an employee & ask for EPP.
Bill comes on Employees name, You need to transfer to your name, may be after 1 year.,

I am indeed planning to buy the XPS, its mentioned in the first post. I dont care about whose name the bill is in, only disappointed to learn that EPP discount is down to a measly 8%

EPP discounts are subjective, there are 3 slabs,

for any machine purchase above 50k the EPP discount is of 15% thats the max discount slab, which most of us employees buy

Look for US.. Its way cheaper that way.. I just got the lowest XPS 15 config with i5 Sandy Bridge for 35.5k from the US which costs about 53k in india..

vizmax said:
Look for US.. Its way cheaper that way.. I just got the lowest XPS 15 config with i5 Sandy Bridge for 35.5k from the US which costs about 53k in india..

How did u get it from US? Friend brought it or ordered online?

skaluva said:
How did u get it from US? Friend brought it or ordered online?

Yup, through a friend.. You may also try getting a quote from ICC etc.. but I don't think it will be as cheap. No harm trying though..

Back