User Review Deepcool Gammaxx 200 Review

Introduction

Over the past years some impressive air coolers from different manufacturers were introduced. The competition is fierce, and nearly every brand has had some great products. Today we will be looking at Deepcool’s new Gammaxx 200 Air Cooler. DeepCool is a Beijing based company that is totally focused on cooling electronics. Their products vary from iPad cooling stands to CPU and server coolers.

Specifications

• Overall Dimension: - 103X71X143mm
  • Fan Dimension: - 92X92X25mm
  • Net Weight: - 339g
  • Bearing Type: - Hydro Bearing
  • Rated Voltage: - 12VDC
  • Operating Voltage: - 10.8~13.2VDC
  • Started Voltage: - 7VDC
  • Rated Current: - 0.19±10%A (MAX)
  • Power Input: - 2.28W
  • Fan Speed: - 900±150~2200±10%RPM
  • Max. Air Flow: - 37.18CFM
  • Noise: - 17.8~34.6dB (A)
Features

• Equipped with multi clips to support Intel LGA1155/1156/775 and AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/K8.
  • Two Heatpipes directly touch the CPU surface.
  • 92x92x25mm fan with PWM function.
  • Easy installation without removing the motherboard.
  • High cooling performance up to 95w solution.
Preview

The GAMMAXX 200 is packaged in a white box with blue accents, with the front containing a side view of the cooler itself, which seems to be the standard for most of Deepcool's products.

The back side of the box contains the cooler's specifications in 13 different languages.

The left side of the box has a listing of the Gammaxx 200's specifications including the cooler's dimensions, CPU compatibility, and measurement diagram.

60093918.jpg

Opening up the box will show a small preview of cooler from top With accessory box.

The Gammaxx 200 heatsink packs with two u shaped heatpipes, According to the specifications, it measures 103 x 71 x 143 mm (L x W x H) and weighs 339 grams , including the 92mm PWM fan.

At the top of the cooler we see Deepcool’s Logo imprinted on the aluminum fin and the 2 heat pipe ends.

At the base of the Gammaxx 200, the heatpipes are exposed in order to make direct contact with the CPU.This Cooler Comes with a pre-applied layer of thermal compound.

In this picture, running down both sides of the clamps we can see the grooves where the retention clips snap into place for the cooling fan/fans.

In this picture you can see that the GAMMAXX 200 comes with all of the necessary mounting hardware for both Intel and AMD applications with installation guide and warranty card. Supported sockets include: Intel LGA2011/1366/1156/1155/775 and AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2.

Test Setup and Testing Methodology

• AMD ATHLON II X4 635
  • ASROCK 990FX EXTREME 4
  • CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 2133CL9
  • CORSAIR FORCE 3 60GB SSD
  • ZALMAN HD7870
  • THERMALRIGHT TRUE SPIRIT 120M
  • SEASONIC PLATINUM 1000W
Software Used

• OCCT 4.3.2
  • Hardware Monitor
  • Core Temp
  • CPUID
For comparison I used Amd stock cooler and Cooler master TX-3 .

Methodology:-

Before proceeding next I would like to explain testing method and steps taken to draw out final temperature, all the testing is done outside the cabinet as it makes easier to change and mount the Heatsinks while testing. Testing of the each heatsink will consist of loading the processor at both stock and overclocked states using occt cpu test for around 20 minutes.. The load temperatures and Idle temps are recorded using software Hardware Monitor and Core temp.

Room Temperature maintained @26c using Air Conditioner , all the heatsinks will be using the same thermal interface material i.e Noctua NT-H1 .

Test Results

Stock clocks @2.9ghz & overclocked to 3.33ghz

Stock Cooler

Cooler Master TX-3

Deepcool Gammaxx 200

Temperature Graph

Final thoughts

Overall my time testing the GAMMAXX 200 was good. Starting with the tool free installation and the ease of mounting the cooling fan on to the cooler.Performance wise the GAMMAXX 200 did fine considering the price of this cooler which is around rs1000 at both stock and overclocked speed Gammaxx 200 was able to provide decent temps and proves itself a good cooler upto 95w solution.

The fan was very quiet even while running at 100%. The build quality of cooler is great . The cooler maybe not the best choice for extreme overclocking, but if you want a quiet cpu cooler that fits a narrow budget the Gammaxx 200 will be a good option.

The Good

Easy Installation
Price
Build quality
Lightweight

The Bad

High Temps on overclocking

Specially Thanks to Tirupati Enterprises for providing the review Sample .

Err...a 92mm fan for a whopping 1000rs. is "good"? I dont get it. It may be "quiet" (as per your review) but still its asking a premium pricing! *jawdrop*
Personally I'd go with CM LED 120mm fans. Cheaper and larger. The 'sound' test i'm not sure however as i havent use this Deepcool fan.

Back