Cordless Landline Phone - Suggestions for buying.

EHH

Disciple
Looking to buy a cordless landline phone as mobile signal at my Mom's place is very poor. Will call transfer her mobile to Jio fiber landline.

Main criteria is loud and clear voice.

Used 2 Panasonics and a Beetel in past. None were great. Panasonics had pathetic voice volume, Beetel wasn't too great either and it didn't last.

Long time back remember using a Sony at a friend's (which he had got from abroad), the voice was like super loud and clear.

My current Panasonic is dual band I think. It doesn't charge besides not being used for long time.

Suggestions ?

I was in a similar situation, but in my experience this solution is not very convenient. I bought a Panasonic cordless and while the voice is fine, it takes 5s to show the caller id, and I have to keep listening to it ringing in my hand just waiting for it to show the number. it's irritating, not to mention the very limited contact storage.

I know this is not what you asked, but I'd look into whether WiFi calling is feasible or not there, and if the only problem is your mother's phone not supporting it I think it'd be better to get her a new phone rather than mess with cordless.
edit: thinking about it now the call quality on my cordless is pretty sub par, and my feeling is that an actual high quality unit will run 8-10k, which should ideally be a last resort.

Last edited:
Back