Connectivity Issues

hi.dkt2008

Disciple
i was connected to LAN DC++ hubs all over the city [250 users max] with the ip range 172.x.x.x, however internet providers blocked connections all over the city and now we just connect locally - within our locality [15 users max] .. recently we shifted all our hubs from 172.x.x.x to 10.6.x.x , and now again internet providers have blocked connections from 10.6.x.x, and :p we are back again to 172.x.x.x hubs with very less users .. i want to know how to have a good connectivity i.e. which ip range to select now and how to have a successful connectivity without the internet providers knowing about it :)

What are you trying to do exactly??

...there is nothing like which IP range will give you better speeds or connectivity :S :no:

If you all are within one single LAN connection in which the Internet is shared then your Private IPs should be fine.. Privat IPs with the Default Gateway of your area's server (router or managed switch or whatever your ISP has setup).

How is your connecting coming to your place exactly? and whts the exact network scenario?

If you connect to a RJ-45 directly coming from the top then then keep your system on DHCP (ie. Obtain IP Automatically) and try to do a IPCONFIG /all in CMD (DOS) and check the default gateway you getting..
If you all are on a single LAN connecting within your area then the private should work fine and you'd be getting LAN speeds mebbe less but still LAN speeds...

Send in your exact scenario and setup, mebbe then can understand and suggest you better solution...

PS: If you guys can connect locally to eachothers then mebbe your ISP can setup a LAN FTP server where you can share the data... locally.. with Ristrictions though (only for night time certain hours, as this may coz in b/w flooding which may cause slow speeds in the internet and stuffs for others)
hi.dkt2008 said:
i was connected to LAN DC++ hubs all over the city [250 users max] with the ip range 172.x.x.x, however internet providers blocked connections all over the city and now we just connect locally - within our locality [15 users max] .. recently we shifted all our hubs from 172.x.x.x to 10.6.x.x , and now again internet providers have blocked connections from 10.6.x.x, and :p we are back again to 172.x.x.x hubs with very less users .. i want to know how to have a good connectivity i.e. which ip range to select now and how to have a successful connectivity without the internet providers knowing about it :)

Are you bn giving some Static IPs from your ISP ?

... becomes kinda impossible if that is the scenario... only the ppl in your Static IP's Pool can only do it and taht too if ISP have blocked stuffs tehn even that is not gonna werk...:no:
hi.dkt2008 said:
1. we manually put the ip's, we are not on dhcp
2. our ISP wont help us to setup LAN FTP, because they are against these DC++ hubs

3 isp's connect thru 1 lan .. sify, pacenet & tata ..
sify and tata have static ip's .. yeah ISP has blocked stuff .. we had hosted hubs on 172.x.x.x and 10.6.x.x ip's [x = any no. from 0 to 255] .. i want to know which other ip range can we select to host .. eg 192.x.x.x or any other ip range to host DC hubs thru lan not thru internet

thats what i expected .. thanks :) .. any other ip's can be used ? i believe .. NO.. these are the only ones that can be used .. right ? varkey

hi.dkt2008 said:

if ur ISP is kind of providing u a wired LAN, and then internally connects u to the real ISP's (sify, tata, whatever) then most likely they monitor specif IP's where there is heavy traffic.
switching your IP ranges on regular basis is the only way to keep them guessing.
but im surprised that they havent put up IP change restrictions yet in a Manual IP network. :)

if ur ISP is kind of providing u a wired LAN, and then internally connects u to the real ISP's (sify, tata, whatever) then most likely they monitor specif IP's where there is heavy traffic.
switching your IP ranges on regular basis is the only way to keep them guessing.
thats true :)
but im surprised that they havent put up IP change restrictions yet in a Manual IP network.
i dint understand this :S

Back