Configure Netgear router to work with Hathway ONT

frozenscotch

Disciple
As the heading says,
I have hathway connection , end device being ZTE F660 which acts as ONT+Router. Its in HALL.
I have old Netgear router (JNR1010v2) which I want to put in another corner room, it should connect to ZTE in HALL wirelessly and give good wifi signal in the room
Netgear docs --> link1 link2
Running CAT wire between the 2 network devices in not possible.

Can any network expert check the netgear device details and let me know if this setup is possible ? Or if not, what device I need to make this work

Thanks

I did try this during covid time with no success, so, I need little support pls

So, ZTE becomes wireless base station, Netgear becomes wireless repeater ?
I can configure netgear with this guide, but I could not get any document for ZTE device. The guide says, base station should be configured to know repeater's MAC, need to check that part

Is it same as putting netgear in bridge mode ? This guide does not have anything like bridge mode config :confused:

54Mbps is good enough in the corner room, just need stable connection, for browsing and office work stuff !!!

Try entering your ZTE MAC address into Base station MAC address field in Netgear
Yes, I tried this.. It did not work
Then, I also tried adding netgear MAC into DHCP client of ZTE (As base station needs to know about repeater). Did not work. Thanks for your suggestions though !!!

Is there any easier way to do this ? A device which wirelessly connects to ZTE, and then, creates hotspot around that device ? Is it called repeater or extender or Access point ?

Back