Configure Firefox on Android to open all links from search results to there native apps - FB, YT.

Futureized

Skilled
How to setup FF to open all links from search results to open in there respective apps.
All links from FB, YT opens in FF browser and not there own apps.

Device: Redmi Note 11 pro
Android - 14.0.2
Firefox - 118.1.0

Not sure where are those settings to allow app to open links, this is my apps section and settings per app:

Cannot open about:config in FF browser (as per some solutions to fix this issue)
FF Settings -> Advanced -> Open links in apps -> (Set to Always)

Issue only with Firefox browser, yesterday was working fine and asked every time where to open link (app or browser)
I clicked browser and now it follows same. Tried few changes here and there with reboot but no fix..
Even reinstalled FF still doesnt works !

try going to Settings > Apps > (your specific app like YouTube / Facebook) > Open by default

make sure it is set to open the app by default for all its verified links. Even if it is, try toggling that settings once.

setting needs to be enabled in Settings > Apps > (your specific app like YouTube / Facebook) > Open by default
That is how i do it, and works for amazon, flipkart, youtube, etc.
This is the first time im seeing this firefox setting. (FF Settings -> Advanced -> Open links in apps -> (Set to Always))
You can try both

Not sure what and where I am mistaken, tried all suggestions above..
Now each and every app link is opened in FF browser instead of respective apps (insta, amazon, fb, yt)

Chrome is setup as a default browser and in-app links opens fine in respective apps..
Again re-installed FireFox on Android still same issue !!

Last edited:
You just have to go into settings/apps/default apps and here set your default browser app choice. Its this simple!

You just have to go into settings/apps/default apps and here set your default browser app choice. Its this simple!
My default browser is set as chrome. (in-app links from installed apps opens perfectly in native apps yt, fb, etc.)

Firefox is not setup as default browser (in app links from ff wont open to there respective apps, tried setting ff as default browser following above suggestions, but still wont work..) or maybe reformat is last option left..
Was just fiddling with settings for past 1 hour and accidentally this got fixed !!!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Back