PC Peripherals Comp wont start :( Help me

Imagine

Disciple
Hi guys, i got a huge problem... i left my comp at my frnds for some days and when i got it back and started it... there is no display on the monitor...

weird thing is... i took off the hard disk, GFX card(monitor connected to onboard thing) and still my computer behaves the same way... proc fan is working, keyboard and mouse LEDs blink but there is no display on monitor.

Monitor if fine cause i connected my frnds laptop and its working fine.. i even tried taking off the CMOS battery for some time.. but still the same situation...

so whats the problem... i think my mobo is fried or something... wanted to get ur opinion...

my rig,
AMD64 2800+,
MSI K8M800 via,
512 MB ram,
ATI 9700pro 128MB

Remove ur CPU and put it back. Have had this issue twice and the CPU was the cause.

BTW, do ya get any error beeps when u power it up ?

hey he is not even saying abt beeps.. may be the cpu is not running at all.. there is a possibility of his cpu or mobo either or both been fried up right..?
some of u pppl may remeber almost same happened to mine also na.. disp not working.. n all..

Imagine said:
Hi guys, i got a huge problem... i left my comp at my frnds for some days and when i got it back and started it... there is no display on the monitor...

weird thing is... i took off the hard disk, GFX card(monitor connected to onboard thing) and still my computer behaves the same way... proc fan is working, keyboard and mouse LEDs blink but there is no display on monitor.

Monitor if fine cause i connected my frnds laptop and its working fine.. i even tried taking off the CMOS battery for some time.. but still the same situation...

so whats the problem... i think my mobo is fried or something... wanted to get ur opinion...

my rig,
AMD64 2800+,
MSI K8M800 via,
512 MB ram,
ATI 9700pro 128MB

HDD jumpers could have been fiddled with...
depending on what is shifted/removed u may get a boot drive fail or no boot (blank screen ie monitor doesn't come on)...
Have seen this a number of times...happens when the HDD is not jumpered (from before) and the CD drive which should be a master if single has its jumper removed

i checked the ram at frnds... its working fine...
tried unpluggin all drives and puttin frnds HDD and checked jumper settings too.. no luck..
Right now my comp stuck at my home which is kinda flooded so will try resetting the cpu when i get home.. thanks for the replies...
and ya no beeps at all...

@BD: Hmm... u really want my comp to be fried dont u :p

^^
i just said the truth.. :p
@OT: on second thoughts i dont mind getting it fried up.. ppl who have 3 comps, shud get such punishments in between for not taking care of their systems...
ok enuf spamming in hardware section.. :|

Back