Colorsit 450W Psu Review.

Don't have time to write a lenghty review,so please bear with the length of this review ,or rather,the lack thereof. ;)
So herez the deal:Was looking for a decent smps in NP for quite sometime.Since I had a limited budget of about 1k,I was desperate ,then I found this great piece of hardware.
Have been using it for two weeks,regulation is quite good ,3% or less on all rails(using asus probe,dmm may be even better).
Price:1125 paid.(with bill it was for 1200.lol.)
Connectors:
5xmolex
1xsata
1xfloppy
1xaux
24pin main atx connector with 4 pin jack for 20 pin boards
1x12v p4 connector.
Dual 80m fans with speed control knob at back. :cool2:
My verdict:
Best SMPS in Delhi as far as VFM goes coz Kunhar aint selling here.Even if they were it is better than their 400w one and almost as good as their 450w one coz the 12v rail is independent.
Dealer:Micron Trading,NP.
Thats all I have time for right now.Hope it helps someone.

PS:
I had earlier told a few members about Revika Computronix,which deals in colorsit cases ,turns out that the guy imports the stuff illegally. :O
Micron Trading is the dealer for this brand(colors-it.com.cn)and have a good service center too.

Update: (May 17th 2005)
Got some time to breathe today.So used my dad's old but still excellent Japanese checkman DMM to measure the voltages.K7 burn was used to load as always.

Results(idle/load):
3.3v-3.43/3.42
5v-5.20/5.18
12v-12.85/13.13

All voltages are, and are maintained, at levels higher than required.May be coz this psu is way overpowered for my rig. ;) But with these readings I am sure this will have no problems running a 6800 or perhaps even SLI.
Only concern is higher 12v rail but that is due to me having an a7n8x which doesn't load it.Even Deejay said that AXP systems often reach 13.2v on this rail on asus boards,if I remember correctly.

Neither.The 5v and 3.3v rails are definitely good,though.Many users antec psus have 12v seeping to 11.xx,I would rather have a rail a lil higher rather than lower.What config u want to run?If are not looking for something outta this world,the psu I have on sale will do just fine.It rails are also very good.

undertaker said:
Even Deejay said that AXP systems often reach 13.2v on this rail on asus boards,if I remember correctly.

Correct :eek:hyeah: even my Powersafe 500W does a 12.55V on load, oced to 3200+ VCore 1.7V

lol..my old zebronics 350W did a 13.9V :O thats why got the powersafe.....

hey frenz,

So waz the best ratings for 12 v 3.3 v and 5 v ? Whats a k7 tester ?

Is Asus probe a gud enough monitor ?

PLz do reply soon....

How gud is an Adcom 300w PSU

Cheers

damn 1125............i got the same smps in lammy(mumbai) for 1500 buks...either they r getting xpensive.or else(i dont want to say)...i m cheated.......

hey i know its a bit off-topic
i want to buy a colors-it 450W PSU for my PC.
but i only have a MICROTEK 600 VA UPS.
can this UPS handle the 450W PSU??????????

doesnt matter .. SMPS rating states the maximum load (from the system) that it supports. each component consumes a specific amount of power. when u add all this up, u get the total power consumed by the system. If ur SMPS is rated higher than the total power consumed, then u need not worry.

Regarding the UPS and SMPS, U cud have a 500W SMPS on a 500VA UPS and it'll still work. to keep things simple i'll just say that UPS rating and SMPS rating are not at all related (to be used with each other)

That may be but when your system load exceeds the ups capacity,then regardless of smps rating ur ups will give problems.And its still not a good idea to use a 500/root(2)=350W UPS with a 400W+ SMPS.
And on a personal level my UPS's backup time went down from 50 min to about 40mins when I added the 450W smps and further reduced by 5 mins to about 35 mins when I added the 6600GT(after a full charge).So there is a difference.I use a Uniline Line Interactive 700VA UPS,btw.
Further,this SMPS has a very good hold-up time,so that there never is a reboot when power goes during intensive DOOM3 sessions.The hold-time of a SMPS,which is a function of the SMPS's internal capacitive circuit is a very important parameter in Indian conditions.

undertaker said:
And on a personal level my UPS's backup time went down from 50 min to about 40mins when I added the 450W smps ..

oops.. forgot to mention tht.. personally i use a APC 500VA UPS which was giving me a back-up time of 11 mins on a very old rig.. on my new rig I get a back up time of 3 mins :D

In ghaziabad wher I live,we have normal 6 hours+ of load shedding(now u see why I'm running to the US?LOL)so I need to have atleast 30 mins backup as a minimum.

Hey sunnydiv,
12v:19a
As for the phone number:51606843.However its best to talk with these people with something like 'smps ke bhav' in a surly tone....
Warranty is 36 months.
BTW,the junior bro of this psu is for sale here,in case u r interested.http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3278
Pretty decent that one too.
Hey Undertaker thanks for the review.

This link is not working now.

ME using a 3.0HT , 160GB HDD ,19"LCD , 1 GB RAM. No grafix card.. So i think i can go for the junior bro of this PSU.

Can you give a working link or the specs for this PSU. What is the 12V current rating and the output power of the smaller PSU?

Thanks,

untitled8kx.jpg

thats alsun i bought from there for 1150

Back